PDA

View Full Version : New MK9 Owner

TexasK9
11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Well, I did it! I purchased my dream gun the MK9! I'm like a little kid with a new toy!:)This is the perfect off duty gun! For the past yr and half I've carried the K9 and Love it! Had been eyeing its little brother (MK9) for awhile and finally took the plung! Will take it to the range on friday and give u guys a progress report!
If the MK is anything like its big brother, it will be a pleasure to shoot!

dirksterg30
11-09-2009, 11:21 AM
Congrats on the MK9. Mine is my favorite single stack.

KMA
11-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Congrats on the new baby!!! :cheer2:
You will love the MK9; I got mine for not so long time ago and love it. What I did almost immediately was to put a stainless steel guide rod. The plastic rod that comes with the pistol can break, which is not very good because the MK9 is my daily CC. I just wish I could find rubber grips.

jggonzalez
11-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Congratulations! I've got an MK9 and love it! I'd suggest taking a look at the XS sights. I've got a set on mine and they work great - fast to acquire and accurate to shoot!

powpierre
11-11-2009, 08:07 AM
my fav gun..fits my small hands perfect..always reliable no matter what brand ammo i put thru it..put some ct laser grips on a while back, they are rubber & i like their feel better than the factory ones + the laser sighting helps with my aging eyes & hand steadiness...very solid feel for such a small weapon & obviously has 9mm stopping power...dont know why more people dont use them..enjoy!

wagon
11-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I think you meant to say "... BUY them..." instead of "...use them ..." .. :D

my fav gun..<snip>...dont know why more people dont use them..enjoy!

jggonzalez
12-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Congrats on the new gun! I bought an MK9 about six years ago and its still my favorite gun. Its accurate, reliable, and the trigger was great right out of the box.

Check out the XS sights. They really improved the sight picture on mine. I went with the tritium standard dot and really like them. I also went with wood grips and the stainless guide rod.

powpierre
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I think you meant to say "... BUY them..." instead of "...use them ..." .. :D

ha! yah...either way they are great guns & using them reinforces buying them fo sho:cool:

hollander
12-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Congrats. I too just picked up an MK today. Friday will be range day to break it in. I hope I do not have any problems. I cannot get the slide release to release easily except by pushing it with a tongue depresser. I buffed off the edges a tiny bit but it just will not release easily like my PM9. I am hoping that after 200 rounds on Friday it will work a little better. Can't wait to get it to the range. I am sure that after getting to work properly I will love it. I enjoy my PM9 so I think I will like the MK even better for shooting due to the extra weight. Have fun and enjoy the new purchase.

jocko
12-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Congrats. I too just picked up an MK today. Friday will be range day to break it in. I hope I do not have any problems. I cannot get the slide release to release easily except by pushing it with a tongue depresser. I buffed off the edges a tiny bit but it just will not release easily like my PM9. I am hoping that after 200 rounds on Friday it will work a little better. Can't wait to get it to the range. I am sure that after getting to work properly I will love it. I enjoy my PM9 so I think I will like the MK even better for shooting due to the extra weight. Have fun and enjoy the new purchase.

u do realize that if you try to release the slide release on an empty magazine it is indeed much harder to do. With no magazine it should release with ease.or a full magazine the same way.

hollander
12-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Tried all varieties of combinations. Still so difficult I have to push it with a tongue depressor. I even worked on all the sharp edges so far to no avail. Will still put 200 rounds through tomorrow. Should see what happens after that, otherwise a call to Kahr will be in order. Definitely did not have that problem with the PM9.

MisterAnderson
12-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Tried all varieties of combinations. Still so difficult I have to push it with a tongue depressor. I even worked on all the sharp edges so far to no avail. Will still put 200 rounds through tomorrow. Should see what happens after that, otherwise a call to Kahr will be in order. Definitely did not have that problem with the PM9.

Mine was the same way, after 4-500 rds, it really frees up. I can drop the slide with just my thumb now. Break it in, I'm confident that it will begin to free up.

hollander
12-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Just came back from the range. Slide release began to work correctly after 4-5 mags. Went through 100 rd Win white box, 100 rds Georgia Ammo, 50 rds another dealer stock target, a few rds of Hornady defense hps. With all of that I had 1 ftf and 2 fte in the first 125 rds. After that perfection including rapid fire. The MK9 is so easy to shoot I could have put another 200 rds if I could afford it - much easier than my PM9. I used the 6rd mag with a Pearce extension and it fits the hand well. Also placed an order for the checkered wood grips from Kahr. Still considering nitesites since my old eyes have a hard time with the sites unless I wear my bifocals. Glad I purchased it. It was filthy after all of that so now it is cleaned and on the belt. Yea Kahr!

500KV
12-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Just came back from the range. Slide release began to work correctly after 4-5 mags. Went through 100 rd Win white box, 100 rds Georgia Ammo, 50 rds another dealer stock target, a few rds of Hornady defense hps. With all of that I had 1 ftf and 2 fte in the first 125 rds. After that perfection including rapid fire. The MK9 is so easy to shoot I could have put another 200 rds if I could afford it - much easier than my PM9. I used the 6rd mag with a Pearce extension and it fits the hand well. Also placed an order for the checkered wood grips from Kahr. Still considering nitesites since my old eyes have a hard time with the sites unless I wear my bifocals. Glad I purchased it. It was filthy after all of that so now it is cleaned and on the belt. Yea Kahr!

Good report hollander.
Those wood grips look good don't they?
I'm betting the more you shoot that little sucker, the better it will get.
Now, get to reloading..:):)

jocko
12-04-2009, 04:25 PM

it will even get smoother with more rounds down range even. Nice gun. I have the checkered wood grips on my K9 from kahr and they are awesome and definitely worth the price..

fngrobert
02-25-2010, 03:40 AM
u do realize that if you try to release the slide release on an empty magazine it is indeed much harder to do. With no magazine it should release with ease.or a full magazine the same way.

I'm having the same problem! Thought it was the pistol... turns out it was me... :32: shoulda known! :der: Gonna have to try it when I get home.