PDA

View Full Version : CW45 holster

toocool
01-16-2011, 09:36 AM
I jut got my CW45 and I'm trying to find a holster for it. Specifically, I'm looking for something like the Galco Jak-Slide...doesn't really look like a holster, but will hold the gun securely. Galco doesn't list the Jak Slide for the Kahr .45 size guns, so I'm looking to find out if anyone has found something that would work. I don't want a Yaqui-slide type...I'm looking for one that works between the belt and the pants, and not something marketed as "IWB"...

Thanks for any help...

ripley16
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Mitch Rosen makes the 5G belt slide.
http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/product_line.html

jfrey
01-16-2011, 04:58 PM
My guess is that a jak-slide for a small 1911 would work fine. Several holsters for 1911s will interchange fairly well. I use the Tagua quick slide for my CW9 and I really like it. No, it isn't a jak-slide but it works great for me and hides the pistol equally as well. I use a jak-slide for my G36 so I have a comparison. I would check to see if Galco listed one for a High-Power. That should fit nicely I think.

toocool
01-17-2011, 03:38 PM
I've tried a couple of 1911 holsters on this...they're too small. I'm not sure if it's the shape of the slide, but it won't go into any of them. I may have to go with one of the Rosen models on Kahr's site...I have several of the snap-on types from different manufacturers, and really like them. Until then, though, I'll keep looking...

jreXD9
01-17-2011, 07:54 PM
I have one black Bianchi 105 for my CW45 AND PM9 AND CW9 that I can wear 4 ways. I think it's actually made for a revolver, but it works great for me.

Pocket carry WITH MY PM9.
Strong side carry with either pistol.
Cross draw carry with either pistol.
Boot carry with either pistol.....yes, even the CW45.

When I use it with the PM9 or the CW9 I MUST use the little rubber thingy and loop it over the back end of the slide to hold it tight. That's not necessary with the CW45. It's fits pretty snugly. I think it cost me about $35-$40. I keep thinking that I want to find a nice OWB holster, but then I ask myself WHY, when I've got ONE that can be used so differently. If anyone doesn't believe me I can make some pics and email them. PM your email addy to me and I can do that tomorrow.

deuce
01-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I use a Pro Carry Belt Ride from The Holster Store (www.theholsterstore.net (http://www.theholsterstore.net)) with my CW45. Not as nice as the Galco but it secures the CW just fine. $24.95

jreXD9
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
It's the 13/15. I just checked it and can barely see the numbers on it. Mine was brown like that, but I dyed it black.

jocko
01-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Bianchi: heep good stuff!!! smoething that a kahr shoudl feel comfortable in also.

jreXD9
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
yo Tucson, you have mail.