PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: P380 Range Report/Problems

davtn
01-25-2011, 11:06 PM
First of all I want to thank all of you for the wealth of information I have found on this board over the last few weeks!

I purchased a P380 on Jan 1st and have been having many of the problems others have posted. This will be a bit long, but want you to have all the details.

Cleaned and lubed like normal then:

1st Trip:

50rnds American Eagle FMJ: 7FTF(2 diving down), 14 FTRB (not happy but manual said 200rnd break-in, so I googled and found this board :biggrin1:)

Cleaned and lubed per sticky diagram
2nd Trip:

100rnds Rem UMC JHP (All I could find) 12FTF, 47FTRB and 2 premature slide locks.

Came back and read some more. Performed the Prep per sticky (found a burr on the top of the angled side on the bbl and removed with a stone, then polished the entire feed ramp, 600 grit around a pencil to the mag, etc. and hand racked the slide about 500 times, also checked and it didn't look like rounds were touching the slide stop lever)

3rd Trip:

100rnds Independence 95 gr FMJ: 1FTF, 2 FTRB and 15 premature slide locks (made sure thumb was not touching)

25rnds Rem 102gr Golden Saber JHP: 1 FTRB, 6 premature slide locks and 2 FTE (rounds were just barely pulled back from the bbl, not stovepipe)

All trips had a 2nd shooter and he fired about half the rounds with the same results. I tried to find a pattern (ie; 1 round in a full mag, isolating each mag, tried limp wristing/overgrip/standard, heavy lube vs. light) no luck.

Any suggestions? Should I put another 200+ rounds to see if it improves? (The FTRB did improve but the premature slidelock issue is worse) Or is it time to call customer service?

Thanks for your help and for a great forum!

David

doctorxring
01-26-2011, 06:39 PM

That's WAY too much trouble you've got going on there.

Call Kahr and get that pistol headed back to the mother ship.

I doubt seriously that any more rounds will make any difference
in what you are experiencing here.

dxr

davtn
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Just spoke with Kahr CS and they are sending a pickup tag......so hopefully they will get it running right.