PDA

View Full Version : slide interchangeable ?

fourspeedfish
01-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Hello all

I have an older P9. Can i interchange a new black slide with my stainless slide. Are they all the same slide?

Thanks

jocko
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I would say yes, your P9 black slide is stainless witht he dlc finish. I might be wrong but I don't recall a corbon steel P9. but I would stand corrected to.

ripley16
01-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Hello all

I have an older P9. Can i interchange a new black slide with my stainless slide. Are they all the same slide?

Thanks

The only change I'm aware of in the P9 slides are the shape of the dove tail sight cuts. This is explained on the Kahr Parts area of their web sight. The difference is narrow versus wide cuts. Other than that, your slides should interchange.

fourspeedfish
01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the replys. I sent an email to Kahr a few days ago, but have not received anything back yet so i figured i would ask here. What i would like to do is to convert mine to all black.

this is what i have.

this is what i would like.

jocko
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
why not send the slide in to many of the refinishers around the coutry like Robar who could put a durable black finish your existing slide. You know it works right, why chance buying a new slide and maybe having issues. Far less money also.

apwcogan.com has done a ton of work for me over the years. They work is simply the best, priced reasonable, fast turn around..

ripley16
01-28-2011, 10:23 AM
this is what i would like.
To go the full route, total black, you'd need a black trigger and black slide release lever as well as the slide.

fourspeedfish
01-28-2011, 12:58 PM
why not send the slide in to many of the refinishers around the coutry like Robar who could put a durable black finish your existing slide. You know it works right, why chance buying a new slide and maybe having issues. Far less money also.

This might be a better option. I just started doing some research.

To go the full route, total black, you'd need a black trigger and black slide release lever as well as the slide.

I forgot about the trigger.

Thanks all for the input.
Time for more research.

Bawanna
01-28-2011, 01:00 PM
You might check out Birdsong in your research, they turn out a tough nice looking black finish also. Decent turn around time and reasonable price.

fourspeedfish
01-31-2011, 07:25 AM
You might check out Birdsong in your research, they turn out a tough nice looking black finish also. Decent turn around time and reasonable price.

Will do. Thanks

Longitude Zero
01-31-2011, 08:20 AM
My vote would be for ROBAR. F/A's are not their bread and butter but they are IMHO the best.

jocko
01-31-2011, 09:22 AM
W.E. BIRDSONG INC- PROTECTIVE COATINGS FOR FIREARMS AND METAL

This is a finsih that I think now is used by many many refinishers. They may be putting their new titles to this finish. Kahrs DLC fisnih or Glocks TENNIFER finish, probably started here first and was improved upon.