PDA

View Full Version : Water Jug Tests

Dietrich
11-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Yesterday a friend brought me four 50 round boxes of 9mm law enforcement ammunition and asked me to do my famous water jug tests with them.I was more than happy to oblige.As two of the brands were rated +P+, I didn`t fire them in my PM9 and I`ll skip their results as this is a Kahr forum.Let me further state that these tests prove nothing except what would happen if you were attacked and had to defend yourself against water jugs.They were all gallon jugs of drinking water as you would find in any supermarket.They were lined up in a row,6 jugs deep.

First,was the Winchester Ranger Bonded 124gr.+P JHP.
It penetrated and stopped in the 5th water jug and expanded to about the diameter of a AA battery. I dont know if this is the proper terminology but it seems like the shank of the bullet is longer than others.It probably isn`t but that`s the way it looked.

Second was the Winchester Ranger 147gr. T-series.
It penetrated and stopped in the 4th jug and expanded to about the size of a dime.Maybe a tad less.
Well there you have it.I don`t know if any of this will benefit anyone and I`m not sure why my friend wanted me to do it but it`s fun watching those jugs explode. :59:

zena
11-10-2009, 06:32 PM
What, no video?! :photo:

Dietrich
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
What, no video?! :photo:

Why would you want a video of something that you can easily do yourself? Just make sure you stay back far enough to keep from getting drenched.I also like to shoot jars of mayonaise but when I do,I break up laughing most of the time. It looks like something out of a Traci Lords movie.Now there`s a visual aid.:D

zena
11-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Why would you want a video of something that you can easily do yourself? Just make sure you stay back far enough to keep from getting drenched.I also like to shoot jars of mayonaise but when I do,I break up laughing most of the time. It looks like something out of a Traci Lords movie.Now there`s a visual aid.:D

Ok. I'll admit to having shot water jugs. (They were a bad guy in a stage we set-up for a match.) My sense of humor is juvenile enough to enjoy watching the replay. Just thought you might have footage to share. :bump2: