PDA

View Full Version : Holster Question

hollander
01-29-2011, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know if a custom leather holster for a PM9 will also work for a MK 40? I recently sold my MK9, kept my PM9, and intend to get an MK40 in the near future. I would like to use the same holster if possible.

DasFriek
01-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Im not the most experienced Kahr guy, But i knew size wise all 3 mentioned guns are very close to exact sizes.

Ignore this advice below as it has no value pertaining to your question. I wanted to just delete this part but my stupidity should be seen by others. :(

The only reason i would see a fitting issue would be if you put Kahrs wood grips on as they do add a slight bit of width.
If you do use wood grips and a leather holster is too tight, Just wrap your gun in a plastic sandwich baggy and let it sit in the holster a day or two. Thin cloth like linen may work better, But what it does is stretch the leather a slight bit. And it will stay that way also.

Bawanna
01-30-2011, 11:02 AM
How do the grips effect the holster fit? Like a full coverage holster or a pocket holster or sometihing. None of my holsters touch the grips.
Just curioius....................

DasFriek
01-30-2011, 11:22 AM
How do the grips effect the holster fit? Like a full coverage holster or a pocket holster or sometihing. None of my holsters touch the grips.
Just curioius....................

Uuuuumm, I think i have been putting my gun in the holster upside down!
Man your completely right, How i ever made that mistake is beyond me.
I think i may be a savant or something at times, So smart, Yet so dumb.....

Thanks for correcting me before i really confused the OP on that.

TexasK9
01-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I have a Galco 3 cop slot. love it! its a belt holster fits my K9 and mk9 perfectly. keeps the gun very flushed to the body with out imprinting on ur shirt.:80:

Bawanna
01-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Uuuuumm, I think i have been putting my gun in the holster upside down!
Man your completely right, How i ever made that mistake is beyond me.
I think i may be a savant or something at times, So smart, Yet so dumb.....

Thanks for correcting me before i really confused the OP on that.

Happens to me all the time.