PDA

View Full Version : Not really a reloading question/post

MW surveyor
02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Got some time on my hands this morning as the blue norther went through Houston about 0645 and as usual knocked out the server at work. So probably at least 6 hours before comcast can get the line up and running.

My question/post

Why is my reloading bench cleaner/more squared away than my home office desk? Is it because I put everything back in the cabinet everytime I finish (except for the presses)[need to put stuff in the cabinet because if I leave it out, the rust gremlins attack almost immediately] and clean the bench top. Don't do this with my office desk, got papers, glasses, hats, more papers, pocket knives, etc scattered all over.

Do I have my priorities straight by being anal with the reloading stuff and just sloppy with the desk?

Jim

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 09:20 AM
I'd say your in good shape, priorties and planets aligned perfectly.

In summary Work Sucks.

MW surveyor
02-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the reassurance Bawanna45cal.

Hate to say this but I hope that they get the server up and running soon. I'm just sure that today will be one of the busy ones and I'll have to work a bit later than normal.

I'd go shoot my SP 101 during the downtime but the temperature is dropping pretty fast (30 degrees in the last 2 hours) and the wind is blowing near 25 knots. (Gotta reload some more rounds for the 9 mm CW9 again before I take it out)

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Ok Senior member we'll cross our fingers for a quick fix.

Now that your a Senior you can call me Bawanna for short, actually you could before but I always wanted to say that. Actually you can call me any dang thing you like, what am I gonna do about it ya know.

Wish my server would croak, I only been here 20 minutes and I'm ready to call it a day. Getting soft I think.

MW surveyor
02-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Thanks Bawanna for short.......Had to do it!

Server is back up and running but.......the backup to the server is also running. This means that now things will be even more delayed in getting through. arrrrrgh!

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Shoot the back up server and REBOOT the main server. If any of your gigabytes or USB's try to escape shoot them too.
Actually open the doors, let them all escape. If you love something set it free, if it don't come back hunt it down and kill it.

IT guys got nothing on this ole Missouri Dirt Farmer.

earle8888
02-01-2011, 12:44 PM
MW seems to me you are straight away!!!

Tilos
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
MW:
We are neat re-loaders because unlike our office, a mistake cannot be correct by the delete button or another look tomorrow and the "what the hell is that", then delete:typing: action.

Re-loading mistakes remain hidden until you blow you hand off:eek:.

I'm too serious today, gonna go ride my MC.

just sayin'
Tilos

MW surveyor
02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Tilos - that reminds me, I've got to go out an buy one of those goose neck type flashlights to mount on the turret. Using a magnified inspection lamp at the present but it doesn't adjust enough to shine directly into the case. It worked OK when I was loading on the single stage but not too well on the turret.

Day has turned out to be pretty nice here but getting colder. Supposed to be somewhere around 24 degrees here NW of Houston tonight.

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
MW:
We are neat re-loaders because unlike our office, a mistake cannot be correct by the delete button or another look tomorrow and the "what the hell is that", then delete:typing: action.

Re-loading mistakes remain hidden until you blow you hand off:eek:.

I'm too serious today, gonna go ride my MC.

just sayin'
Tilos

I think I'm way to serious today too. I don't have a motorcycle so I think I'll go over to Glocktalk and say something derogatory about them even though I like em ok. See if I can get a rise out of em. Maybe ask some questions to stir em up.
Yup, I got me a Glock, its the black one, what kind of plastic is this thing made out of? If I put it in the microwave for 1/2 hour can I reshape it to look like a 1911?
Regarding bullits? Pointy end to the front, right?

Oh the fun I could have...................................

OldLincoln
02-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Tilos - that reminds me, I've got to go out an buy one of those goose neck type flashlights to mount on the turret. Using a magnified inspection lamp at the present but it doesn't adjust enough to shine directly into the case. It worked OK when I was loading on the single stage but not too well on the turret.

Day has turned out to be pretty nice here but getting colder. Supposed to be somewhere around 24 degrees here NW of Houston tonight.That reminds me of a post I read that a guy installed one of the small LED flashlights in an empty hole in his progressive. It is between charging and bulleting so he can look right into each case at the powder. My pocket light darn near fits inside the "threaded thingy you screw dies into" (probably a name for that) and would easy to mount there.

Never being one for leaving things alone, here's how you do it:
The die hole takes a 1/2" PVC male fitting. The pocket flashlight will sit into a 3/4" coupler. So all you have to do is mate them via a myriad of PVC devices, screw it into the die hole and set your flashlight into the 3/4" coupler. It will just sit there fine or you can stiff a cotton ball around it.

I charge cases directly into my Bawanna Board then check them all with the little light. If I had a progressive with an empty slot in the right place, I think I might do this. No reason you can't even mount a mirror to see into the case from where you sit.

Tilos
02-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes, when I'm feeling lonely I ride the scooter over to Dunkin Donuts in Williston.
There's a crabby watress there who snips at me, reminds of being home with the wife.
....and I tip her for doing it:eek:.
I never tip my wife for snipping at me, but I know I'm paying for it somehow.
And besides that, there's a gun store on the way back.

just sayin'
Tilos

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I use a little mirror like a dentist uses. Creeps me out even looking at it but it lets me confirm the powder charge anyhow.

Tilos
02-01-2011, 03:48 PM
You can go mirror to mirror like the eye doctor does.
A little playdo or plumbers putty to mount the mirrors and adjust to the right angles.
Then you can look down to see up and down:confused:.
...and left is left and right is right because of the 2 mirrors.

I know, I know:crazy:.

I painted the inside of my press with gloss white paint and can see everything.

Edited to add: And shine that little light into the mirror instead of the case.

For real though,
Tilos

Bawanna
02-01-2011, 03:56 PM
You can go mirror to mirror like the eye doctor does.
A little playdo or plumbers putty to mount the mirrors and adjust to the right angles.
Then you can look down to see up and down:confused:.
...and left is left and right is right because of the 2 mirrors.

I know, I know:crazy:.

I painted the inside of my press with gloss white paint and can see everything.

Edited to add: And shine that little light into the mirror instead of the case.

For real though,
Tilos

As confusing as this may sound to the normal man I understand completely. I've applied the same concept to my cubicle here at work. Partially due to being deaf as a stump I don't like people sneaking up behind me so I have a series of mirror so I can see the approach to my area in either direction as well as over the wall in case my neighbor sticks her head over etc etc, all without having to move my head to give away I know your coming.
People think I'm paranoid but not everyone walking around here is a model citizen and besides that I'm paranoid.

MW surveyor
02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Bawanna - by all means go over to glocktalk make your post and sit back and enjoy the flames. Should warm the cockles of your heart. (Never understood that one. Where are the cockles of your heart located?):target:

OldLincoln, Tilos and Bawanna (again!) - Both very good ideas that I'm sure if I'd thought about it, I'd come up with the same things :rolleyes:

There is a blank hole in the turret since I deprime/resize on the single stage now, so either of the two will work. Maybe a combination of the two as I do not hover over the press.