PDA

View Full Version : MK Grips?

hollander
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Go to the Kahr website. They sell them. If you order from them contact them and tell them to send you the correct grip screws. The wood grips are a little thicker and the original screws will be about 2 threads too short. I had them on my MK9 and they make for a good looking gun.

jeffbeaver
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Kahr told me that the grips that they currently sell will not fitl the older "GA" serial number pistols

Bawanna
02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
If your patience is good I might be able to build ya some. I think my MK9 is that series but I'll have to check. I know it's early.

jeffbeaver
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
That may be an option...let hold out for something requiring less patience for a minute. Thanks for the reply!

Bawanna
02-02-2011, 02:41 PM
I'll try to move this thread to the MK area and delete the other thread you started. Less confusion, we got enough of that around here.

DasFriek
02-03-2011, 08:00 AM
You would think they would be included with the grips or at least a note added that you need to a specific set that they sell and list.
But its good they will give or sell? the correct screws if you ask as grinding 1911 screws down is a pita as i messed one up and had to improvise which im good at.

xRUSTYx
02-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Kahr told me that the grips that they currently sell will not fitl the older "GA" serial number pistols

they WILL fit IF you have 5 minutes and a dremmel :) you have to edge out a bit of the interior bud they fit like a glove :)

xRUSTYx
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
If your patience is good I might be able to build ya some. I think my MK9 is that series but I'll have to check. I know it's early.

been waiting for FOREVER Bawanna!!!! I REALLY WANT YOUR GRIPS :D :o

Bawanna
02-03-2011, 11:02 PM
I got the wood, I got the desire, just trying to find a new model to fit too. I may just have to fit my old one and let you fine tune.

xRUSTYx
02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
mine is an older model Baw ... 2004 to be exact. were you thinking i had a newer model?

Bawanna
02-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Might be the same as mine then. I think I got Dusty and Rusty mixed up but gotta check my notes at home.
Send me a PM with what your dream grips look like and I'll see what I can do. Kind of backlogged with all the fame and notariety Old Lincoln laid on me but it's good.
Wish I had more quality bench time to pump these things out, I really do.

Cobra21
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
OK, there is an MK9 listed in the classifieds with a GA s/n # and wood grips!

How come I keep hearing that such a beast does not exist? The pitcure is right there in the classifieds. Where does one get such grips (or similar) if we have a GA2XXX s/n#?

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I surely wish I had a good answer for you on this one. I've been trying to sort it all out. I make grips and I'm trying to figure out what fits what. I know or think I know that the K9 and the K9 elite are slightly different. The grip fits perfectly but the screws are the wrong length.
I think theres also a slight difference between the 98 series the GA and the 2003 (don't recall the alphabet on that one).

I have an early version K40 of my own and a GA MK9 that I borrow to build grips.

I tried to decipher the grips on the Kahr site without success, will have to try more. I thought they fit the older models but not the new but maybe I got that back arsewards too. I'm pretty confused about the whole deal myself.

Would be nice to know what all the differences are for sure.

xRUSTYx
02-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Cobra ... I have an older model, I'll check the serial later. Anyways ... When I got the grips from Kahr, they didn't fit. I had to use a dremmel, clean up the inside quite a bit, & the screw holes. With the help of a gunsmith & correct screws (the long ones from Kahr still don't fit) we were able to make them work.

Once I get grips from Baw, I likely won't keep these. If you want, I can take pictures of them for you & sell them to you if they will indeed fit.

They are the smooth ones.

Rgrigutis
02-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Just got my mk9 3 days ago. Cleaned and functioned 500x/sticky. Wil put 250 thru him Saturday. One thing I noticed while racking the slide was lack of purchase of the front strap while repetitively racking the slide. I've checkered my 1911's and was wondering if any of you have checkered your mk9 ? Is there enough meat in the front strap to suport 30lpi? Awesome piece even tho I have yet to put a round downrange w/ him yet