PDA

View Full Version : That 200 round milestone is for real

raytor
11-14-2009, 06:05 AM
I have been struggling with my brand new little Kahr P380 with FTF and FTE during the first couple of hundred rounds shooting about 30 - 40 rounds per range visit. Jocko gave some great tips elsewhere in this forum that really helped mostly involving cleaning and lubricating. Around 150 round the little bugger settled down with no mishaps except a FTFeed on the very last round after about 3 magazines.
Then as if by magic, after that 200 round mark with numerous cleanings, empty racking and dry fire point and shoot practice I have now shot over 200 additional rounds with no misfeeds whatsoever. What a joy. This little pistol is quite the performer once you break it in. That's the tough part and say what you will about a break in requirement but IMO it's worth it trouble and expense.

Clean and shoot, clean and shoot seems to do the trick. And follow Jocko's best advice "NEVER oil the striker!" Keep it clean and dry.

500KV
11-14-2009, 06:25 AM
+1 on "shoot 'em".
The more I shoot my Kahrs, the better they run.
You gotta keep them clean though. :)

jocko
11-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Ihave not seen to many other semi's that more rounds down range and lubed and clean, that never smoothed out. they allneed some tlc, some no doubt more than others. Goad your P380 is doing what it is designed to do to. Nice gun--when they work.

Jim K
11-16-2009, 05:34 AM
I'm glad to see that your P380 is working out for you. Kahr makes a great pistol if you get one that actually works.

I use mine as my CCW. It has the perfect size and weight. I will not buy another considering the fact that Kahr requires that 200 round thing just to make sure the pistol works. My Glock, CZ, Sig, & HK have been flawless right out of the box. 200 rounds should be to assure there are no problems, not to work out problems built into the firearm.

Good luck, Jim K