PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Combat Elite?

sapper
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Their is one listed n gunbroker used for $900. Too much? Anybody have any data on these beauties? I was thinking of picking this one up, just wanting some info on them. Looks like they are made to look just like the new Colt combat elites.

jocko
02-10-2011, 03:31 PM
for the sake of sounding stupd, what is a kahr combat elite????

sapper
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214661365
It is a Kahr K40 thats had work done by Wilson Custom. Looks awesome, I was just wondering if their is a list of all the work that were done to the pistols and how many were made.

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I see front strap checkering, wood grips, a slightly melted slide lock lever. Not sure if they finished the slide or it was a factory duo tone.

A heck of a lot of money for what it is in my own small opinion. I like the looks of it and love front strap checkering but the Name Wilson on the side must add alot of value to it.

sapper
02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Anybody seen one in person or heard of a number made? Do Kahrs like this hold good value?
Do you think that $900 would be a good investment to dump into this gun??

jocko
02-10-2011, 06:08 PM
My PERSONAL comments: I think the slide is carbon steel blued (non stainless) The grips IMO are crappy, none functional blah. Strap stipplying is nice. The barrel is not counter bored.(to me something that should be in any custom package) the barrel is blued, which to me indicates very little rounds have been shot out of it, as more than likely that blueing on the chamber wears really fast with just normal slide action contact. Sights are nothing special., not sure if they are night sights. I serioulsy dobut if anything was done internally to the gun, as kahrs leave very little for a customizer to do internally even. They are super smooth out of the box. I would pass on this gun for sure, as the Wilson name on it would not commend anymore in value from what I can see. I don't see anything that indicates a slide melt, but if done it is very minor indeed and if so then the slide would have had to be refinished. Combat elite is what Wilson tagged on it, compared to a standard K40 I would maybe have called it a combat SXT (same exact thing)

wyntrout
02-10-2011, 07:46 PM
It's certainly overpriced to me and there's a long time yet in the auction. The 15-minute rule is in effect, too. If you're interested and there's no big interest, put in a bid near the end of the time... $450 or so. I think $900 is nuts, but there's no reserve and if there's no interest, then you might get a deal. I had no competition on my last buy, but the price was set at $550 and no reserve for it.
If no one bids against you, good. if there is any bidding at the end, the bidding will continue until there is 15 minutes without a higher bid. Good luck.

Oops. I just noticed it's one of our members selling it, kwikrnu, but it's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

JMHO!

Wynn :yo:

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Its started at 899 so thats the least he will take. Buy now for 900. I'd run away myself not worth half that.

Was one of our members kwikrnu has left the building permanently.

MikeyKahr
02-10-2011, 09:23 PM
O the memories!

Bawanna
02-10-2011, 11:10 PM
O the memories!

O the nightmares might be more appropriate.

wyntrout
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Okaay... missed the opening price way over at the side... just saw the current bid, as in none.

Wynn:rolleyes:

jlottmc
02-12-2011, 08:00 AM
He must need the cash for all of his stupidity. Me, I'd pass that one on by. Much better stuff out there, and the seller is dumber than a box of rocks, as well as being a known provocateur. Masaad Ayoob even calls him that.

jocko
02-12-2011, 09:54 AM
jlottmc. Humm interesting to know that. I have found in the past that if a poster is a a-hole here, he is usually a a-hole on other forums. Notice Isay he, as to my knowledge not that most forums have many womenposters but they do seem to cause no issues.

jlottmc
02-12-2011, 03:58 PM
That is the nut bag that walked through the park in TN with the AK pistol, in an effort to "educate" police and such. Mas calls him nothing more than an instigator, and from what I've read he is that and more, not to mention he isn't helping the cause any. TN yanked his CHL, and he had a hearing scheduled sometime either soon, or just past. Glocktalk, and a few others he's been called out on a few times. He seemed clueless that some one would object to his "educational experience". I won't post a link as I think he has already gotten WAY too much talk time, but look in the archives for a lawsuit and TN. That should jog your memory.

BTW you never did answer my question.

jocko
02-12-2011, 04:01 PM
yup, now it, he is coming back to me big time. he probalby put the legitimate gun owner back a few years with his b.s. "rights".

Again, not all people should own guns, but we can't control some until they act like this "nut bag" did.

Our super mods stepped in and did the right thing. To me took some balls to even thing he could come back here and get accepted again. Course the "nut case" probably describes him pretty well..

Fishjager
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Just my .02 but anything from Wilson Combat costs alot of money.

Bawanna
03-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Most of the stuff from Wilson Combat is worth alot of money, just not this particular item. It has value but not as much as he's looking for for sure.