PDA

View Full Version : Best Ankle Holster?

mudfish
02-12-2011, 09:19 PM
What are the best ankle holsters out there? For a PM40 in my case, for casual wear regular shoes. Any suggestions?

Bawanna
02-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Theres lots of inexpensive nylon type ankle rigs. To me the hands down best if you plan to wear it alot for comfort, accessiblility and wear is the Galco's. I like I think the Ankle Glove, it's actually a thumb break holster attached to neoprene (skin diver suit) material with sheepskin where it hits your ankle.
They make another that is a more generic all neoprene, the tension holds the gun like a sock. Still pretty good, less money but not my favorite.

onegun
02-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Renegade was my choice although I rarely carry that way any more. Mine was for a lightweight J frame, not Kahr. It was a favorite among many of the Feds I ran with. A small operation out of Arizona. Don't recall if they had a website or not.

Knuckler
02-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Mitch Rosen, hands down.

I have worn this one, every day, for almost 5 years. I have never lost my gun, even during foot pursuits. I have, literally, kicked the living s**t out of it. It has taken a beating, and yet, still holds up. It is a fantastic rig. Do you pay for it...sure. But...my gun doesn't fall out, it is comfortable, and I don't worry about it. Incredibly well designed, built by a craftsman (By hand), and very durable.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk243/knuckler731/0147c116.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk243/knuckler731/908b16c0.jpg

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk243/knuckler731/4f979086.jpg

kb2wji
02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
My PM9 sits in a Galco Ankle Glove holster. It takes a little getting used to, but after a day or two you dont even know its there. It's a tad uncomfortable if you dont have socks on. I wear it with my work boots and high(ish) socks. The calf strap accessory is a good idea.

Heres another idea. Balance yourself out with an ankle rig for a spare mag or two, or some handcuffs (depending on your profession). The extra ammo / stuff balances the weight, and its nice to have. Just my $0.02

Bawanna
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I forget mine is there too all the time, course I forget my leg is there all the time too since it's just cosmetic.

I didnt even know Mitch Rosen made an ankle rig, I have a few of their other holsters and their belt. Good stuff.

xzhync
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM
What are the best ankle holsters out there? For a PM40 in my case, for casual wear regular shoes. Any suggestions?

I was just about to post a question concerning best ankle holster for the P380 (with CT) when I saw this post. I would appreciate hearing which ankle holster(s) have worked well for the P380 w/CT.

Internet Blohard
03-06-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a Renegade. I use it sometimes (rarely actually) for either a PM9 or P380 (will fit any similar size auto). Heavier guns do not ankle carry all that well, in my view.

What I like about it: sheepskin lined, like the nicer holsters and comfortable. Easy to adjust around varying leg sizes. You can get it real tight at the bottom or the top since you can make it funnel shaped. Relatively cheap...not bad for a cheaper holster. Fits a number of similar sized guns. Holds the gun secure with the retention strap.

What I don't like about it: the holster part is NOT molded to the gun. It is a stretchy fabric (not leather) with a thumb-break strap that goes across the gun to secure it. So the holster itself is very cheesy compared to the higher end offerings.

I think I might like either the Alessi or the Kramer better (as these seem similar) and feature molded-to-the-gun leather for the actual holster (like any good holster will).

MIDGET
05-05-2011, 03:30 AM
+1 Desantis Apache. None better (more comfortable)!

Willieboy
05-05-2011, 09:54 AM
I have no personal experience with ankle holsters but back in the day, Alessi's ankle holsters were considered very good. Here's a link:

http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/Ankle-Holster