PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on ccw possibilities for mm9

Rgrigutis
02-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Anxiously awaiting my new mk9. Cooler months I carry a 1911 in an alessi shoulder rig. Just a wonderful holster! For the warmer months it's a .40 hibpower in a belly pack. Got the mk9 for my pocket. I know it is heavy but I am a big guy and it fits ok in my jeans pocket. Does anyone make a pocket holster that can be worn outside or inside the belt? I'm spoiled by my alessi and wouldn't be concerned about shelling out a little more for quality. Any advice about pocket carry in general and holsters in specific is appreciated. Thanx, Rick

Willieboy
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi Rick and welcome from another FNG. I'm in the process of holster shopping for a PM9 which is, I think, the same size as the MK9. I've had the PM9 only a few days and while it fits, to a fashion, in my front pocket, it sure doesn't draw very well. In a pair of fatigues, it does not show but in dress slacks it's just too heavy, even with the polymer frame.

I just started a thread today asking for holster recommendations and the guys suggested the Remora and the Ace Case for my unique requirements. The Remora is clip less and relies on a rubbery material to hold the holster in the waist band or pocket. To me, this looks like a very vesatile holster and I'm going to try one. Cost is only $25. If it doesn't work for me, I can tell give it to "she who cooks" and tell her its a case for an extra pair of panthose.

I do remember seeing a holster that can be worn on the belt or IWB. I remember though, I didn't think much of it. If I can find it again, I'll post it. Good luck with your MK9.

As an aside, I really respect your choices of the 1911 and Hi Power. Years ago, I carried a Commander. Are you at all concerned about the vastly different operation of those guns versus the MK9? The trigger pull on the DAO Kahrs is very different from the 1911 and Hi Power single action strokes.

joshh
02-20-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.kahr.com/GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=DeSantis-Superfly-Pocket-Holster-for-P3801579.jpg&w=652&h=556
try the desantis superfly. i never thought i'd pocket carry the pm9 but this holster has changed that. i front pocket carry most often now

wyntrout
02-20-2011, 09:46 PM
If you're going to carry with that Remora tucked, practice and be careful about flipping the holster out when you pull the shirt tail out.:eek:

Jus' sayin'.

Wynn:)

Rgrigutis
02-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks boys. I've got to find a shop where I can try these holsters out.

Trigger pull I will have to learn. I've got about 500 rounds fmj loaded up for break in and I reckon I'll load a hundred gold sabers to finish break in then carry factory gold sabers