PDA

View Full Version : ? wood grips for the MK9 ELITE O3..

KENNY G
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
first, let me say thank you for the welcome john !
ordered my 1st KAHR product,and after a long 3 weeks it finally arrived.
I LOVE IT !
the MK9 SS ELITE with Tritium night sights . like many others,i'm not too impressed with the plastic striker spring guide but if someone on the forum would be kind enough to provide a " link " for a SS replacement I would certainly appreciate it.
also it's my understanding that the HOGUE wood grips will not work on the ELITE models. if not,what about PAU FERRO ? http://www.kahr.com/GetDynamicImage.aspx?dir=itemImages&path=Wood-Grips-Checkered-MK-Series763.jpg&w=326&h=278
the KAHR websight says " some fitting may be required " and they will not fit MK models with ser # GAxxxx prefix. my ser # is GCxxxx so I might be ok.

jocko
02-23-2011, 11:03 AM
plastic striker spring guide??? What is the problem with that". Has ANYONE ever reported a broken spring guide on any of the kahrs and I think they are all polymer. Probably 300K kahrs out there with that plastic spring guide. Enjoy your kahr it is one of the best and just don't try to trouble shoot something that is no trouble..

to my knowledge there is no stainless steel replacement...

dusty78
04-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Pau Ferro is a type of wood not a brand, they are made by hogue and they do fit the elite. The grips pictured are Hogue grips made out of Pau Ferro. Early MK's had an issue with the wood grips but I got them to fit anyway...I just used 2 different lengths of grip screws.

Bawanna
04-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Dusty is correct. Any of the GC serial #'s should work Elite or not. Mine is a GA serial number so the few grips I made on it and sent out didn't work. As Dusty said a few just used different length screws and made them work.

If you have a GC the kahr shop one should work.

I hope to get a GC some day so I can make a few grips on it but it's a huge investment just to whitle grips on. Still want one. Heck I want them all.

dons385
04-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Are the wood grips for the MK9 wider than the factory grips.

Bawanna
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Are the wood grips for the MK9 wider than the factory grips.

I've heard they are but they certainly don't have to be. I've never held a set in my hand but looking at the pictures and what others who have them have told me the screws are deeply recessed. A lot of wood could be removed from the sides, the back strap can be tapered down and alot of wood removed from the heel, sort of bobtail em.

Have the beauty of wood without losing the concealment qualities.

dusty78
04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
They are but not by much

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/dusty78/IMG_6795.jpg