PDA

View Full Version : Cw night sights now available

Kent Shopley
11-18-2009, 08:26 AM
We now have CW night sights available at Kahrshop. They are not yet on the website. They should be posted by the end of next week. They are in stock, and ready to ship. They are a Trijicon 2 dot rear with a Trijicon single dot front. The rear is the same as our other Trijicon rear sights. The front sight is all metal, and is secured by two metal posts, one containing a set screw. Set comes with loctite as well. Very easy install. The price is $80.00 + shipping. Call 508-635-1428 to order your set now. Pictures of the sights can be e-mailed. These will sell VERY quickly, so Kahrtalk members are getting the opportunity to order a set from the first run of sights before everyone else. Thanks!!!

smjones
11-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Can I just mail you the whole slide and have you install them?if so how much will it cost?thanks sheldon.jones65@verizon.net I forgot to say its for a CW9

BEARDOG
11-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Can I just mail you the whole slide and have you install them?if so how much will it cost?thanks sheldon.jones65@verizon.net I forgot to say its for a CW9

I would not hold my breath for a reply from Kahrshop Sheldon, as the last time they checked in or posted was almost 2 years ago.
Just email or call Kahr directly to get the info you want.

I don't remember how much they charge,maybe someone who sent theirs in will chime in... But they do install night sights.
FYI- A lot of us just run a front N.S. only, and that is an easy home install

SleepyMike
03-15-2013, 02:08 PM
I just installed a front night sight on my CM9. It was realatively straight forward. Break off the old. Clean out the holes in the slide. Use Loctite that is provided, position and screw into place. BEWARE, THE SCREW HEAD REQUIRES A TORX T-5. Not something everyone has.

lamppa
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
yeah the smallest normal torx is T8

Glock23
03-15-2013, 04:20 PM
BEWARE, THE SCREW HEAD REQUIRES A TORX T-5. Not something everyone has.

Also beware... This is one of the smallest screws you will likely ever work with... it is NOT advisable to drop it onto a SHAG area rug when trying to install, as this will increase the overall installation time.

:eek:

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--

RevRay
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Also beware... This is one of the smallest screws you will likely ever work with... it is NOT advisable to drop it onto a SHAG area rug when trying to install, as this will increase the overall installation time.

I sure hope you're not speaking from experience.

lamppa
03-15-2013, 04:45 PM
Hey rev ray, r u on harley forum too?

Glock23
03-15-2013, 04:49 PM
I sure hope you're not speaking from experience.

Yesterday, actually :o

I did find it, though.

--Bionic - Tapatalk 2--

jocko
03-15-2013, 05:44 PM

suggest doing what bearddog suggested. Do the front sight and forget about the back. u wll never miss or notice it. U can installit yourself.

if u have a harbor freight store aroudn they sell those little torx sets for a few bucks and ur size will beone of them. Sears also sells the torx drivers ur size in singles to.:Amflag2:

RWillieK
03-16-2013, 05:02 AM
It is a tiny screw, and mine did not go nearly deep enough into the sight for clearance...ha to grind off a significant amount of mine.

If you have to do the same, clearance can be determined during re-assembly. If you have having trouble installing the guide rod and spring, there isn't enough clearance on the screw, nor will the slide install onto the frame correctly.....I learned this part by experience.

07Dually
03-16-2013, 09:05 AM
I installed a set of night sights on my CW45 yesterday. I did not have a problem with the clearance of the screw but getting the screw started into the sight was a bit of a challenge. It is a tiny screw!
I do not have a Harbor Freight or Sears store nearby so I ordered this set of Torx bits from Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LIKRP8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Initially, I thought that the T5 bit was the correct size, but when tightening the screw the T5.5 bit fit the best.
The rear sight required some filing to fit.
Overall, not a very difficult job and a nice upgrade.

Charlie:Amflag2:

NRA Patron Life Member

wyntrout
03-16-2013, 09:18 AM
A large magnet can help retrieve small screws like that. And inexpensive TORX screwdriver sets can be had at Harbor Freight Tools... many different sets for under $10... way under for some.

For front sight installation there are links by members and great care must be taken to make sure the sight is seated correctly and that the screw is too low for the barrel to strike it in firing... the major cause of front sight failures on the "C" models.

Wynn:)