PDA

View Full Version : MK9 Developed Fracture In Slide

GOOFA
02-28-2011, 03:19 AM
I thought the problem of fractures in MK9 slides were a thing of the past. Unfortunately, mine fractured this week, heres a couple of pics.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5485366358_01054ced16_d.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5020/5484771211_c7ea0b7f4d_d.jpg

jocko
02-28-2011, 04:24 AM
I thought so to. Is your model a new model to. been awhile since we seen one like that even.

xmanridesred
02-28-2011, 04:55 AM
wow...I hope that is something Kahr will replace under warranty

Tat2dman
02-28-2011, 06:21 AM
In my mind they should warranty or no...

jocko
02-28-2011, 06:26 AM
They will take care of it, even if it was out of warranty...

johnh
02-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Yes, it will be covered. I am surprised to see that on a new production gun. Call Kahr and they will fix you up.

ripley16
02-28-2011, 08:08 AM
I had a slide crack, on another brand of pistol, that was twenty years out of warranty, and the company replaced it and did a general overhaul on the rest of the gun... all gratis. I was most impressed with them. I assume Kahr is just as customer oriented.

bigmacque
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I would think just about any gun maker would rather fix something like that than face the potential bad press that could result from an issue with firing a gun with a crack like that.

But Kahr ... no problem. They're customer service is among the best. Frankly, given my somewhat dated knowledge of Korean culture, the ownership of Kahr would be a tad embarrassed by that crack.

GOOFA
02-28-2011, 01:43 PM
The Mk9 was manufactured less than a year ago. By the way, Kahr s taking care of everything and replacing the slide. The usual excellent service I always get from them.

buckheart
11-30-2011, 04:12 PM
I have an MK9 that has a cracked slide. I sent it in to Kahr and they did respond promptly but not exactly with anything I wanted to hear. They said that since my gun was a refurbished gun and I no longer had the purchase receipt it would not be covered by warranty. The very polite and professional person on the phone said he tried to go to bat for me but that the "people at the top" were adamant about not warrantying the defective part (defective part is my description). He stated that they would not even forgive the return shipping but that he, on his own, was not going to charge me the return shipping. Cost of the slide is 145.20 and the fitting by thier gunsmith is 65.00. Perhaps I was overly optimistic to think that Kahr would replace defective materials in their product but I think they should at least cut me some slack and work with me a little bit on the repair. The gun was babied, never dropped, and never shot +p ammo. This seems contrary to everything I have read about Kahr's excellent customer service.

jocko
11-30-2011, 04:17 PM
refurbished guns carry a one year warranty. They ar enot obligated to cover that slide. That being said, I do think they should have worked something out with u. Maybe a callto talk to the director of customer service and explain that ur not asking for a free replacement but certainly some slack to be cut for you as this crack area is certainly not indicative of abuse . U only have a phone call to waste..

I guess they have to draw the line somewhere, a shame they drew it under your name to..:target: