PDA

View Full Version : Ballistol and Tetra gun grease

enrico
03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

Any of you used these two products together with no inter-reactions, Ballistol and Tetra gun grease?

Thanks, Enrico

DKD
03-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Since I have used Ballistol with my cartridge black powder guns I don't really know for sure if a problem with it with tetra gun grease. My gues is that they should present no problem. I would e-mail the rep for Ballistol.
I do know that it is a water based product, delveloped for the German Army in WWI & WWII. It really neutralizes the corrosive properties of black powder. They say you can also use it in modern firearms as the Germans did back in the day.

enrico
03-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Since I have used Ballistol with my cartridge black powder guns I don't really know for sure if a problem with it with tetra gun grease. My gues is that they should present no problem. I would e-mail the rep for Ballistol.
I do know that it is a water based product, delveloped for the German Army in WWI & WWII. It really neutralizes the corrosive properties of black powder. They say you can also use it in modern firearms as the Germans did back in the day.

Thanks for the tip, I called and they said it should be no problem. Also, I looked at several U-tubes and they use both too!

Thanks E:angel:

ripley16
03-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Ballistol is an excellent rust inhibitor.

Zackintosh
03-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I use both on my PM9 and haven't run into any issues.

WMD
03-11-2011, 06:34 AM
I have been using Ballistol for many many years. Long before it was imoported into the US. A German friend of mine turned me on to it and would always bring me back some after visiting the Fatherland. He says that it can aslo be used for emergency medicinal purposes. I do not believe it is petroleum based but rather from some type of fir or pine. The stuff is incredible!