PDA

View Full Version : Taking another chance

Goldstar225
03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Last year I bought a CW40, sold it because I couldn't get it to be reliable (I've posted my woes before). That was my first Kahr and I loved everything about it (size, trigger, grip, and accuracy) except the reliability.

I'm giving it another shot, I just left my dealer after placing my order for a K-40. It should be here by Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck, I really want this one to work out.

Indigo
03-10-2011, 03:37 PM
Last year I bought a CW40, sold it because I couldn't get it to be reliable (I've posted my woes before). That was my first Kahr and I loved everything about it (size, trigger, grip, and accuracy) except the reliability.

I'm giving it another shot, I just left my dealer after placing my order for a K-40. It should be here by Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck, I really want this one to work out.

I have had 3 polymer kahr's all with multiple feed issues and 4 trips back to the factory between them. Five different all metal ones 100% perfect through at least 4,000 rounds so far. You should be well satisfied the general consensus is that the K series is head and shoulders above the polymers in reliability right out the box. Not to say the polymers aren't reliable but it's more hit and miss. Lots of good pm9's out there but a lot of them had to take a trip back first to get them reliable.

eastenn
03-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Good choice, I love mine. Well, did you get blackened or stainless, night sights?

Goldstar225
03-12-2011, 04:35 AM
I ordered the stainless w/o night sights. Night sights are nice to have but not esential for use at typical defensive distances IMO.

newpm9er
03-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I ordered the stainless w/o night sights. Night sights are nice to have but not esential for use at typical defensive distances IMO.

While I agree with your assessment for carry, it does help when practicing on range time which I find most helpful to ingrain muscle/reflex memory which should come into play when truly needed. :)

jocko
03-12-2011, 06:56 PM
not essential, but also very nice on a gun IMO.