PDA

View Full Version : So i'm confused on which wood grips to order for my K9

Kahrson
03-17-2011, 08:29 AM
My K9 is due to be here on Monday and I am looking to order some woodgrips from the Kahr web site.
They have checkered wood grips for the K and E9 models but when you add them to your cart it dosen't ask which model you are ordering for. The picture they provide on the web site makes them look like 2 different grips.

Further down on the same page they have a set of Pau Ferro grips for $68 and it dosen't say what model they are for at all??? Also it looks like they have 3 different sets of screws you can order. One set is black and the other two are stainless which is what I want. Are there different thread sizes between the two stainless or something??
They really need to add some more information to their online ordering system...

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 09:48 AM
I think the screws are different lengths. The same thread pattern, same as a 1911 by the way. They had mentioned adding allen head screws but I'm not sure they have done that yet. I wasn't aware they had any choice in wood. I thought they were all Pau Faro. Like most wood theres alot of variation in it so they can look really good.

In your case a phone call might be the ticket or perhaps an email would work too. Make sure they send you the appropriate length screws for the wood. I think they are a little longer than the polymer grips.

Kahrson
03-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I think the screws are different lengths. The same thread pattern, same as a 1911 by the way. They had mentioned adding allen head screws but I'm not sure they have done that yet. I wasn't aware they had any choice in wood. I thought they were all Pau Faro. Like most wood theres alot of variation in it so they can look really good.

In your case a phone call might be the ticket or perhaps an email would work too. Make sure they send you the appropriate length screws for the wood. I think they are a little longer than the polymer grips.

Tried the phone call. On hold for 10 minutes then routed to a message which directed me to order accessories from their web site or email any questions. I left a message with my number and am waiting for a call back.

I'm already hoping I don't have any problems with this K9 that is going to require me to deal with their web site or phone system.

onegun
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I ordered some a while back and they fit perfectly with the stainless screws from my K9. Here is what was on my order form:
Wood Grips, Checkered (K Series & E9)
(K143P)

Bawanna
03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Heck thats right, the K and E were pretty much the same. But they were early. If this is a new gun they may not fit. Wait I'm thinking MK, maybe the K's haven't changed.

Hang in there Kahrson, try the email, don't give up. I've usually gotten email responses very quickly but I haven't done any for quite some time now either.

onegun
03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
My K9 is only a couple of month's old and they fit perfect.

Kahrson
03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Just to update. Customer service returned my call yesterday afternoon. I explained to him the confusion I was having about their accessories page on the web site. After looking he agreed somethings need to be changed.
When you click on the picture of the checkered wood grips for K9 and E models you get a picture with two sets of grips and it is then captioned K9 and Mk9 one light colored and one dark colored and obviously different in size. This is why I thought there should be a drop down box to choose which model you wanted.

Also the Pau Ferro grips further down the page have no model attached whatsoever but he tells me they are for the Mk9 and will have it corrected on the web page.

The two selections of stainless steel grip screws he thought were probably just duplicated.

At any rate while I had him on the phone I placed my order for a set of Pau Ferro checkered wood grips and a stainless mag base plate for my soon to arrive K9 Elite. He was very helpful. Even asked if I wanted light or darker colored wood grips as he could go through them and pick them out.

I feel a bit better about them now. I have been a bit on edge lately. I ordered the K9 through a web store I have never done business with before but they had the best price. Always nervous when dealing with a internet store I have never done business with. Particularly firearm purchases.
You just cross your fingers and hope for a smooth transaction. That seems to have gone well. I ordered the gun last Friday and received a shipment notice from them on Wednesday. According to UPS it's due to arrive at my ffl on Monday.

This is my first Kahr and have never done any business with them either. So my first experience yesterday sent up the red flags although a bit prematurely I think.
Anyway alls well that ends well. Kahr came through and I should have my wood grips about the same time the gun arrives :)