Several members have experienced this issue. See this thread

http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=5715

earle8888
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I have not had any such with ones on P45 and PM40, must be lucky

garyb
03-17-2011, 03:12 PM
+1 on that for my PM40 too earle8888.

It sounds like a problem with that particular mold on one of the halves. The two halves are not matching up when assembled together when they are off the gun. If they don't match up off the gun, they certainly won't match up when installed on the gun.

I'd bet Crimson will make it right for owners and Crimson simply were not aware something got out of alignment with the fit, until now. They should do a call back and contact customers via warranty registration cards for that particular model CTL.

My CTL has worked great for me.

Ellis
03-27-2011, 12:35 AM
My Cw9 has the same fit issue. A call back would be great.

JPM9
06-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I had problems fitting my new CT on my PM9 also. I called CTC customer support and they said they had a few reported with the same issue thought to be from coming out of the mold too early. They sent me a new one with a prepaid container to send the old one back. I had it in just a few days. Installed the new one and sent the old one back. Went to the range today to check it out and it was very close on target, just needed some minor tweaking. I previously purchased a CT for my XDM and had no issues. I think it was well worth the investment, especially while you can take advantage of the $50 rebate this month.

S281
06-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I had problems fitting my new CT on my PM9 also. I called CTC customer support and they said they had a few reported with the same issue thought to be from coming out of the mold too early. They sent me a new one with a prepaid container to send the old one back. I had it in just a few days. Installed the new one and sent the old one back. Went to the range today to check it out and it was very close on target, just needed some minor tweaking. I previously purchased a CT for my XDM and had no issues. I think it was well worth the investment, especially while you can take advantage of the $50 rebate this month.

So did the replacement fit perfect? I just ordered one and the build date is february 2011, wondering if ill run into the same issue when I install it.

garyb
06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
...wondering if ill run into the same issue when I install it.
I am confident that IF you run into any problems, Crimson Trace will take care of them. Good luck with your new laser when you receive it.

TomMc
08-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Purchased P9 last week end at Dallas Gun Show and had the Crimson Trace rep install CT and no issues--looks like part of the gun. In other words, it fits perfectly.

Mr_D
12-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Today I got a PM9 and a CT laser. The laser fits perfectly but I will need to adjust the point of aim is it looks to be low. They advertise that they are preset for 50' but I think manufacturing/fitting tolerances throw them off.

Mr_D
12-28-2011, 09:20 PM
I have not had any such with ones on P45 and PM40, must be lucky
No problems with my P45, either of my CW45's nor PM9 with the CT lasers.

qwiktim
01-31-2012, 05:09 PM
I am confident that IF you run into any problems, Crimson Trace will take care of them. Good luck with your new laser when you receive it.

I hoped that would be the results, but I just received a brand new LG-437 for my PM9 and here's how the halves match up and how if fits on the gun...... horrible......... here is the response from Heather Hall from CT customer service after I sent these pictures to her......

"From the pictures, I can see a slight variance in the two. This is actually normal with this grip, there is going to be a slight variance......"

They are telling me this is "NORMAL" on their laser for the PM9......... needless to say, I am not happy and this is totally unacceptable. I am ready to remove all 4 of my CT lasers and sell them. There are starting to be some nice other laser companies out there and I am ready to jump the CT ship.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/qwiktim/007-1.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/qwiktim/006-1.jpg

MLESa7990
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
That's a bummer. While I can understand your frustration with the new laser for your PM9, if your other CT products are fine, why on earth would you take them off and sell them just to try and spite CT? Seems kind of foolish to me...

I have no experience with CT products, but I am looking into getting the Light Guard for my G23 soon.

nyc71
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I just bumped in to this thread, literally 10 minutes ago I placed an order for the LG-437H. I hope I don't have that issue with mine. At the moment I have one on a LCP & it fits fine.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

Landwaster
02-01-2012, 12:03 AM
I had the same problem with my PM9 I bought in October 2011. I could barely get the Laserguard onto my PM9. Had to use padded pliers to hold the halves together while I tightened the screws. Big gap between the halves when mounted on PM9. Stripped out the threads on the mounting screws fiddling with positioning trying to get the thing to ride well. Big sausagey fingers do not work well with tiny dinky allen wrenches. I contacted CT via email, then spoke to customer service on phone, got an RMA, shipped the Laserguard to CT, waited two weeks, and sent an inquiry about my Laserguard's status.
Heather said the techs looked at it, and tested it on their own PM9. Found no problem, and were sending it back. The emails from Heather were always prompt and perfectly polite, but I'm a bit bummed. The implication seems to be that the problem lies either with my PM9 (stock), or in my head.

It should arrive in a day or so. I'll give an update then if anyone cares, or if I feel like it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 (It's not dead yet!)

Mr_D
02-10-2012, 12:18 AM
The CT laser for my P45 isn't too bad, the one for my PM9, is a little worse but doesn't seem to affect function at all.