PDA

View Full Version : Gunvault Microvault Personal Review

PM9 Convert
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I normally don't review products, but since I just got this and am so pleased with it, I thought I would let others know things about this product that I did not know before I got it.

When traveling or going somewhere where you can't take your gun with you, you need a reliable place to secure it. I have two regular gunvault safes, and just picked up this microvault model. You can get it with a biometric fingerprint reader, but mine is just the standard version. It comes with the vault, two keys, security cable, and manual.

My review score would be 10/10.

1. The manual and buttons are easy to read and understand. I had this thing up, programmed, and ready in about 10 minutes.
2. The product takes 4 AA batteries to operate; there is no plug-in option.
3. The security cable is designed to secure the vault to a solid object to deter someone from walking off with it. It comes standard with the vault.
4. The keypad is standard as other gunvaults and the vault is padded and smaller than a standard laptop; it is actually a little bigger than one of those mini notebooks you can get nowadays.
5. Storage capacity: I am able to get my S&W .38 Special +P with crimson trace lasergrips; Kahr PM9, two extra Kahr Clips and two speedstrips into this safe with no problem and a smidgen of room to spare for maybe a trigger lock or something. The advertising shows a full size 1911 with spare mag, but it is hard to tell what this will hold, so I thought I would describe what I can get in here. I attached pictures as well.
6. Inside the safe, there is a learn button and a mute button so you can program and turn off the audible tones. Even with the tones off, the keys can be operated and the small light on the pad will blink to acknowledge entries. If I am at some family members house, I don't need this thing beeping even behind closed doors, so this is a welcome feature.
7. See GunVault - Gun Safes for Home or Office - Home (http://www.gunvault.com) for more information.

pacific nw guy
11-24-2009, 07:07 AM
I have the next size up in my closet. it holds my xdm and pm40 pretty well. my only complaint was the from the factory there was a problem with the latch, i called and they told me how to fix it but i would rather have a product like this perfect when i opened the box.

TopDog
11-24-2009, 03:24 PM
I have the Mini Deluxe (GV 1000D) for my daily carry weapon. I was so impressed with it I bought one for my daughter (she lives in a different state). For quick access this is one of the best solutions to a regular gun safe. And it is small enough to be relatively concealable.

gunmut
11-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I have the larger one with a shelf inside...so far it has worked out well. I keep two guns in it.