leatherman
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
followed instructions,spring seemed out of form,orderded new.anybody had same
problem?hope this takes care of it, love the gun

jocko
11-24-2009, 04:04 PM
followed instructions,spring seemed out of form,orderded new.anybody had same
problem?hope this takes care of it, love the gun

I missed an earlier post, what is your issue, that made you feel it is out of form. You will also need a #5 torx tool to take that little screw out, It can be obtained at sears singulary .

leatherman
11-25-2009, 09:17 AM
after each shot the slide was locking back,the lever wasn't staying in down position.got the torx rench adjusted the spring the lever is doing its thing now
haven't been to range yet,still replacing spring when new arrives

jocko
11-25-2009, 10:11 AM
if it did it one each shot, it sounds to me like the spring was below the slide lock notch instead of above it. Don't be in a big hurry to replace that slide lock spring if what you did solved the issue. Keep it for a spare if ever needed, for taking that little screw out is IMO not the best thing to be doing and it seems u have solved it anyhow. If that spring is not damaged and is working fine now, it should not wear out. I have never replaced minein 25,000 rounds. what that spring is designed to do is not something that willwear the spring out, IMO.

leatherman
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
thank's jocko for the input and encouragment that's alot of rounds.like i said no live fire since adjustment but all seems well manually racking slide ejecting rounds
fine.i'll know this weekend.

jocko
11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
thank's jocko for the input and encouragment that's alot of rounds.like i said no live fire since adjustment but all seems well manually racking slide ejecting rounds
fine.i'll know this weekend.

with an empty magazine, it should not lock open to, and with rounds in the magazine it should not and u can sit there and test that part out. That slide lock lever should not even move with a loaded magazine and ejecting a live round and feeding a new round. My bet is u have solved your litlte issue. Please keep us informed....

getsome
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi Leatherman, I did the same thing the first time I cleaned mine...The manual isn't real clear and somewhat confusing...I read the part about the gun must be sent back to Kahr if this happened and was quite upset as I had never even fired it yet and thought I had already broke it...:eek: Well thats how I found this site and after reading a few threads I found out I had put the slide stop back in at the wrong angle and bent the little spring back into the frame...Went home and tried it again...The slide stop was very hard to get out but I finally got it apart and sure enough there was the problem...I bent it back out with a small needle nose and it worked fine after reassembly...I called Kahr and wanted to order a new spring and they said no problem and mailed me one for free...They told me not to tighten the *5 torx screw too much or it will strip so i just tightened it enough to snug the spring in place and so far so good...no issues...I can now reassemble the pistol with my eyes closed...Just be sure the frame marks line up and push the oiled slide stop stright in and it works like a charm...I messed up by reading that you should first push it in at a 4 oclock angle the move it to 3 oclock which didn't work at all...The folks on this thread are very nice and helpful with any issues you might run into so you came to the right place...Jocko is a very knowledgeable fellow and can answer your questens with lots of good info...Happy Thanksgiving and good shooting to all...:cool:

jocko
11-26-2009, 06:50 AM
My kAHR p380 WOULD NOT LOCK OPEN AT all and I discovered that the little springty thing was off kilter somewhat and was putting to much downward pressure on the slide lock lever, Alittle tweeking like "getsoem" did and allis OK. If one fixed the issue, I really recommend not taking that little torx screw out. One is just asking for troule if he messes to much (and once can be to much, IMO). Normally if one tweeks that little spring himself, he is really self tuning that slide lock lever maybe even better than a replacement spring can ever do.

anyway I think this thread has showed that we can also do some minor tweeking on guns without boxing them up and sending them back . Getsome, ur certainly not the first person to ever get that slide lock in wrong but as u stated it was a lesson learned and not ever to happen again..