PDA

View Full Version : pm9 = MTAC or minituck?

apheod
03-21-2011, 08:15 PM
wanting a hybrid option for my pm9, i've carried my hk p2000 in both the mtac and the supertuck, and by far prefer the mtac, with that pistol.

with the pm9 being so small however, i'm liking the minituck idea. also, i'm sure its thinner than the MTAC since its a single piece of leather, and my PM9 is for when i'm trying to be stealthier than usual, or just not wanting to haul around my service pistol, so small is good. my question is, does anyone have experience with both, or pictures of a pm9/mk9 in an mtac? i'm wondering whether it would be close to the same size as the minituck, or big like my hk's MTAC is.

also, how easy are the crossbreeds to get on and off? mine was one of the OLD ones with plastic clips that easily broke. do the new metal ones go on and off as easily as the comp-tac clips do?

BuckeyeBlast
03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
No experience w/ the MTAC, lots of experience w/ the PM9 in the CBMT. Love my CBMT. The metal clips work great and go on and off fairly easy. Sturdy enough, but not too rigid.

Kingcreek
03-22-2011, 09:25 AM
same here. no experience with the MTAC but I'm very happy with my CB MiniTuck and PM9.

bonjorno2
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
i am getting a microclip from crossbreed for my pm9... should be more than what you need with a good belt!

Ol'coot
03-22-2011, 11:07 AM
No experience w/ the MTAC, lots of experience w/ the PM9 in the CBMT. Love my CBMT. The metal clips work great and go on and off fairly easy. Sturdy enough, but not too rigid.

I agree with BuckeyeBlast 100%, Love my CBMT and PM9 great combination

apheod
03-22-2011, 09:07 PM
i know the minitucks rock, i've checked them out at the local store but haven't had my pm9 in one.

i really like my mtac though, so if the mtac is about the same size as the minituck i think i'd rather go that route. if its as large a piece of leather as on my full sized one, i'd lean towards the minituck.

Willieboy
03-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Here's a couple pics of the MTAC and PM9:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/Kahr1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/Kahr2.jpg

Hope these help in your decision.

apheod
03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
they did, and thanks. it looks to be the same sized piece of leather as with my HK, but seems like the bottom tab could be cut off pretty easily to get it close to the mini-tucks size.

Willieboy
03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't know if it matters sizewise, but it started out as a P11 holster but I ordered the Kydex shell for the PM9 too.

Ellis
03-27-2011, 12:47 AM
LOVE my MiniTuck for my CW9. Check out crossbreeds blem list on xdtalk for great discounts

apheod
03-27-2011, 05:37 AM
i actually ended up going with neither, and ordered a city slicker from ryan grizzle, since i had a twin mag IWB pouch on order anyway, i just had him add it on.

same color as this one... another thing i'm not fond of on the mtac is the "CLACK!!" as i draw, being all leather should take care of that, although i do lose the adjustable retention.

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/rugerer/RGrizzle%20City%20Slicker%20Holster/CitySlicker-04.jpg