PDA

View Full Version : Good mag pouch for MK9?

TheGreatGonzo
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm looking for a good double mag pouch (right hand, owb) for my MK9 magazines. Right now I'm using the same pouch (Milt Sparks) that I use for my K9 mags, but the MK9 mags are so short that I am not sure I can get a good grip on them in an emergency reload. I'm looking for something with a lower cut to accomodate such short mags. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I don't have a strong preference between leather or kydex.
Thanks,
Gonzo

Willieboy
03-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Welcome Gonzo,

I recommend Comp-Tac's Kydex mag holders. They are of small size, clip securely to the belt and hold the magazile securely. They are custom fit for the magazine.

I do not recommend the Minotour mag holders also sold by Comp-Tac. They are hybrid pouchs, i.e., leather and Kydex. These do not hold the magazine securely because they are not form-fit, wet molded to the magazine. They're just a smalll, medium, large type pouch.

TheGreatGonzo
03-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Welcome Gonzo,

I recommend Comp-Tac's Kydex mag holders. They are of small size, clip securely to the belt and hold the magazile securely. They are custom fit for the magazine.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one and I'm eager to see how it works.
Best regards,
Gonzo

Willieboy
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
I've been using Comp-Tacs products for years Gonzo. I have one of their Kydex IWB holsters for each of my hguns and they have all be great. I also bought a MTAC for a Kelt-Tec P11. I didn't like it much though. Like the Minatour mag pouches, I wasn't satisfied with the holster's retention.