PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered #22 springs for my K9

Decado
03-26-2011, 05:03 AM
My K9 is ejecting straight up and sometimes into my head, so I am going to try heavy springs to see if that will cure the issue.

I also noticed that the casings are dented is this normal with K9's?

It looks like the cases are hitting the ejection port I can see brass marks on the port.

Anybody have this problem with their K9?

jocko
03-26-2011, 05:58 AM
the dents are normal. no issues there, I have the heavier springs in my K9 and they seem to work great. AIt might help some of the ejection issues.. I have no douvbt the casing are hitting in the ejection port area. Not sure your ever gonna get a clean non contact ejection. Some ammo varies alot to. Consider it normal and just shoot it like you stole it..

WMD
03-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Is it a new K9? The cases shouldn't be hitting you in the head. I would suggest giving Kahr Customer Service a call. My impression of the steel Kahr guns is they are pretty much bullet proof (excuse the pun :D) with no issues to speak of. I am sure Kahr Customer Service will help you out. :)

Decado
03-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Thank you guys for replying, no its not new, i traded into it, the original owner said he put around 500 rounds through it, I have already shot maybe 150 through it so far, be it that the gun was used i decided to go ahead and put in a new spring, they are cheap anyway!

I went ahead and bought an extra because I plan to shoot this gun often.

Decado
04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Got the new springs in, I am not getting hit in the head anymore some of the rounds drop out to the side now and the occsional round goes up and over my head. It is much better than before, I think my grip has something to do with some of the ejection issues though, I am still getting used to the gun and the trigger.

ripley16
04-05-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't know about you, but I could feel a pretty good difference in that heavier spring. I put one in a P9. It seems a noticably higher effort to rack the slide than over the standard spring weight. Made me understand why the "Lady Kahr" was offered with a light spring.

jocko
04-05-2011, 12:08 PM
yup ur right, I nhjever knew exactly whatthe spirngsw in the lady kahr even had in them. If standard is the PM9 is 18# then I wonder if thelady kahr was down in the 15 or 16# range.

ripley16
04-05-2011, 07:05 PM
The Lady Kahr had a 16# spring. May have had a "No +P" admonition because of it. I can't remember clearly though.

Decado
04-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Yea, pulling the slide back is a bit harder now, not so easy to get the gun apart for cleaning now. oh well, I will just wipe it off and oil it like I do my Glock's :D

Decado
04-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Is the striker spring that came with the #22 pound springs lighter?

ripley16
04-09-2011, 06:07 AM
Is the striker spring that came with the #22 pound springs lighter?

That's a good question. I don't know, nor have I used one as a replacement yet.

Decado
04-09-2011, 07:17 AM
I was thinking it was extra power since it came with an extra power recoil spring.

Decado
04-09-2011, 07:21 AM
I just checked wolff's site like i should have before I asked the question, it says each recoil spring comes with a factory power striker spring.

Well, i have 2 spare striker springs if I need them

jocko
04-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Most never change the striker spring in their guns. A striker spring should last forever. wolffs seems to include that wil most all of their recoil springs packages. Nice thing though is if down the raod you ever start getting somelight strikes and think it cold be the striker spring you now have a factory spec spring in ur too box. Wolffs makes kahrs springs by the way...

Decado
04-12-2011, 04:42 AM
Had my first failure with the K9, it was a strange one, the casing got stuck in the chamber backwards, as in, the primer end was jammed against the chamber. I never had a single failure with the factory spring, I wonder if the new spring needs to be broken in?

So fare I only have 100 rounds of Winchester white box through it with the new spring in.

skychief12
04-12-2011, 06:02 AM
Do you notice a difference in the recoil with the heavier spring?

Decado
04-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Do you notice a difference in the recoil with the heavier spring?

I don't know, there was not a whole lot of recoil to begin with.

jocko
04-15-2011, 06:08 AM
things could have happened on that stuck casing. possablle grip change or pressure. Possable bad casing.. I would not think the heavier recoil sprg would be the cause either. It no doubt in 50 rounds will take its pre designed set , but one should not have to break in a recoils pring. If in doubt, just sit there and rack it about 200 times. that helps the preset alot without the bang thing happening..

Jerry1834
04-16-2011, 09:56 AM
It could be a 5lb stricker spring. Not to steal the thread but has anyone tried the lighter stricker spring???? Good/Bad?

jocko
04-16-2011, 10:00 AM
had mine in for over 30,000 rounds, works great, if u get a light strike wth it, u have something else wrong with your gun.

also have it in my K9 with zero issues. It is used by many ohn this forum, no issues reported, as there should not be either. It is not a marginal spring..

TonySoprano
04-17-2011, 08:56 AM
As a habit I change striker spring out when I change my recoil spring and have been using the heavier springs for years and never had any problems

Decado
04-19-2011, 04:55 AM
had mine in for over 30,000 rounds, works great, if u get a light strike wth it, u have something else wrong with your gun.

also have it in my K9 with zero issues. It is used by many ohn this forum, no issues reported, as there should not be either. It is not a marginal spring..

You have 30,000 on your recoil spring or striker?