PDA

View Full Version : Poorly fitting wood grips. Send them back?

Kahrson
03-29-2011, 09:20 AM
I just got my new K9 Elite home about a hour ago. I had a set of Pau Ferro checkered wood grips waiting for it. So I thought I would take 2 minutes to swap them out first thing. Well come to discover the holes on the grips are slightly off center from the holes in gun :mad: enough that the screws want to crossthread.
I don't have time to mess with them right now. But I'm wondering if I should just enlarge the hole in the grips enough for the screws to line up properly or send them back to Kahr to exchange them for another set.
I have a feeling another set would pose the same issue. But I'm worried if I enlarge the hole I'm going to have loose fitting grips.

Anyone else here have this happen? If so what did you do?

REACT
03-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Exchange for a new set after contacting Kahr. You've spent way too much money on quality equipment to compromise now.

Bawanna
03-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Have to agree with REACT on this one. They no doubt can be fixed but you paid for something that should work and it doesn't. If you try to fix and mess em up you got expensive firewood that you can't return.

Waiting for pretty wood handles is nearly as tough as waiting for a shiney new gun but in this case it's probably the thing to do.

Kahrson
03-30-2011, 07:17 AM
Good advice guys thanks. I will give Nathan at call at Kahr today and get a new set on the way. Just seems to me all these would be machined drilled and the holes will be in the exact same spot.
I just messed with them for about 15 minutes and things just wont line up properly. I first tried one grip at a time. Thought maybe that was causing a issue so I removed both of the synthetics and tried again. You can see the holes on the wood grips are are just about 1/32 of a inch low and to the left of the holes drilled in the frame. :confused:
Back to waiting....:(

Let me add I just got off the phone with Nathan at Kahr cs. Excellent customer service. He is sending me out a new set today along with a return label for the set I have. Very helpful.