PDA

View Full Version : Appendix Carry Holster Update

Willieboy
03-31-2011, 06:57 PM
I recently posted some pics of holsters I'd purchased for my PM9. I really wasn't happy with some of the pics because they looked too dark. So, here are a couple pics of my favorite appendix carry holster, the Fricke Ehud:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/EhudFront.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/WhiteWillie/EhudBack.jpg

I read somewhere that Dale Fricke's holsters were ugly and maybe they are. They don't seem to have the same level of molding as the Comp-Tac offerings, for example, and maybe that makes the Ehud look like a Kielbasa sausage. Whatever it looks like, believe me, this holster works. I wore mine for eight hours straight the other day and it was quite comfortable and stable in all positions. I like it so much I've ordered a second Ehud for another of my guns.

melissa5
03-31-2011, 07:05 PM
That looks like a great holster. I'm still waiting for my Alabama holster. If I don't like that, I'm thinking about giving the Ehud a try. Thanks for posting the better pics.

Willieboy
03-31-2011, 07:19 PM
Your welcome Melissa. FWIW, Comp-Tac makes excellent holsters as well.

JodyH
03-31-2011, 08:53 PM
I never understood why people want a bunch of extra detailed molding on a kydex IWB holster.
Smoother makes for more comfort against the body and better concealment.
The Fricke holster is a minimalist design that WORKS.

pm9fan
03-31-2011, 09:25 PM
I have one Mr. Fricke's appendix carry holsters also. Adding some moleskin (CVS, Walgreens, any drug store in the foot care section) sure makes for a more comfortable kydex holster against the skin.

diver454
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Highnoon has the Mr. Softy.. good attachment band, won't come off belt if holster shifts.

JodyH
04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Highnoon has the Mr. Softy.. good attachment band, won't come off belt if holster shifts.
No one handed re-holster due to the holster mouth collapsing when you draw.

diver454
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
True on the collapse after draw but drawing is more important then reholster.

Bill K
04-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I like what I see. Next to pocket I like AIWB carry.

Curious about the two J Hooks, on any of your pants does a belt loop ever get in the way of where you want to position your holster?

Thanks,
Bill K.

Willieboy
04-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Great question Bill and the answer is a resounding YES, they do get in the way. I wear 5:11 cargo pants quite a lot and the gap between the two hooks is too small to allow a 5:11 belt loop to fit between them.

That's not too *** an big issue for me though, because I only wear this holster with dress slacks.

I also purchased the same model holster for my K9. Unlike the holster pictured above, the new one I ordered fron One Source Tactical. Therefore, it has a longer body. This holster has more massive J hooks with a wider spread accross the J hook asssembly.

Both the PM9 and the K9 will fit this new holster but, for reasons I'm not smart enough to understand, the short body holster pictured above is more stable in the AIWB position than the longer bodied holster in the same position. The longer bodied holster seems to hold the gun in a higher position and therefore, the gun is top heavy.

I wear the holster pictured above every day though and it's fine.