PDA

View Full Version : Is it Just me or does KahrShop stink! They can't get their act together.

dusty78
04-01-2011, 08:18 AM
I hear good things about their CS but it seems to me their sales dept stinks. I have had 3 differen't issues with them in the past. like sending my stuff to the wrong address in a completely differen't state or just never sending it at all.

I have been calling them for 2 days about an order I placed over a week ago. Everytime I called I would be put on hold for 15 minutes then sent to voicemail. Finally I got them on the phone this morning and they tell me my order was canceled because they didn't have the holster they were advertising as in stock and weren't getting any more. So it takes you 8 days to figure that out? The excuse they gave me was that they were "really busy." Really, I can't tell one of my patients I was going to take care of that infection for you but I was really busy. Seems like they need to get their act together in sales.

Now my poor new MK9 Elite has no holster to ride in....shame she is screaming to be carried.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/dusty78/guns/6f446547.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/dusty78/guns/25d48013.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w235/dusty78/guns/5428c9e0.jpg

jocko
04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I had that happen a couple years back. Ordered one of the nice leather holsters in lefthand, and never ever heard back fromt hen again, and I never reminded them either after I waited 3 months and heard nadda. I figured it wasnot gonnna come and had it came I would have refused irt.

dusty78
04-01-2011, 08:33 AM
One time 2 years ago I ordered a set of night sights from them and had them sent to my gunsmith in TN to install while he was working on an MK9 for me. Fast forward a year later I ordered a holster and they sent it to him in TN even though I entered the correct billing and shipping address. Needless to say he was confused when he got a holster in my name for a gun he wasn't working on.

Bawanna
04-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Pretty as that gun is it's a shame you can't carry it around in your hand so the whole world could enjoy looking at it.

I feel your pain on service. I dont know whats going on at the Kahrshop. Wish I did.

Seems to be a trend in all areas.

Barth
06-04-2011, 09:05 PM
It's strange.
But I've ordered extra mag, grips, stainless guide rod and spring kit.
All separate orders and everything comes like lightning.
No troubles at all.

Kahr has been good to me.

bigbob68
06-04-2011, 09:19 PM
They've been good to me but I get dealer privledges.

Bawanna
06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
I've never had an issue with them in the very few times I've dealt with them personally. I've not dealt much with the kahr shop for parts and stuff but the repair facility for myself and a few of the officers.
They do seem to go out of their way for Law Enforcement too, move you to the front of the repair line if it's a backup gun.

I think generally they are and try to be good to everyone but occasionally someone falls thru the cracks. I'm the king of impatience too so I expect things the same day I think of wanting them even if I don't order it.

Longitude Zero
06-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I can understand and empathize with being busy. Rudeness is intolerable to me and would be dealt with. It seems that Kahr needs to listen and take some sage advice and hire in a few knowledgable customer service folks who are firearms knowledgeable and who know how to deal with customers. They need to be not only in customer service but in the Kahr shop. I wish I was ready to retire and I would apply.

It really is an art form and most folks are not cut out for it.

bandrich
01-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Nice family you have there.:cool:

hpg
01-26-2012, 07:35 AM
wow that is shocking.:eek:..what happened to Customer Service?

MLESa7990
01-26-2012, 08:16 AM
You realize this thread is from April of last year? lol

KMA
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM
You realize this thread is from April of last year? lol

I do, but I hope they read this tread so they can improve an otherwise very good CS.

I have dealt with them a few times (last time was for a week ago) and I have never had any kind of problems, but I did have to wait a long time before they answered my call. Their answering system drives me crazy, "Press 1 if you want to speak with this, press 2 of you want to speak with that, press 3 if you want to …", but after you wait for a while the system will tell you the same thing again ... and again ... and again ... and ... . I hate that answering system; it drives me bonkers :31:.

Thunder71
01-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Someone did a search. :)

wyntrout
01-26-2012, 09:09 AM
I buy at their online site and I email customer service with pictures... no ambiguity or troubles.

Wynn:)

lkgmadmax
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I tried to place an order on-line Friday for a pair of wooden MK40 grips, the web based store would not complete the credit card transaction. When I called customer service they stated that they were out of stock and they had no idea when they would be getting the MK40's in and said that was why the transaction would not complete. I went on-line yesterday and tried again, the order processed successfully, today I got an email from Kahr stating that the grips had shipped and they included the tracking number. Go figure.........

jocko
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
just goes to show that sometimes at kahr the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

kahrbw9
03-11-2012, 11:35 PM
I order 2 of the pm9 metal magazine bases and sent them a picture.
And they still sent me the cw9 black plastic ones.

I have emailed them once and spent an hour on the phone trying to get ahold of someone.

kahrbw9
03-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Got a response from nathan at kahr monday morning at 8 am.

He just apologized sincerley and said what is your address I will have them rushed to your door.3 days later here they are.

Good Job kahr

bonjorno2
03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
spoke with a rep on the phone last week about their night sights for the cw/cm series being absent from their site.... They told me to check back every so often as they are out of stock, low and behold they are back on their site again this morning. It was hard to buy another front sight for 50 bucks when the last one I got was 30....

MLESa7990
03-30-2012, 08:48 AM
I think this has been mentioned before...the reason they were selling them at $30 last year is because they were old stock. The $50 ones must be brand new.

Ken_K
03-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I've been thinking about ordering a couple 6rd mags for my CM9, hope they don't screw it up. :rolleyes:

lowroad
04-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I think this has been mentioned before...the reason they were selling them at $30 last year is because they were old stock. The $50 ones must be brand new.
I wish they were $30. For $50, I will probably go with the dawsons.

downtownv
04-03-2012, 02:47 AM
I've had them screw things up a few times for me. What they lack in CS they repay in a nicely manufactured product which is more important to me.

nmkahrshooter
05-19-2012, 06:25 AM
I have ordered a few items from them in the past and have never had a problem. Orders are here within a week.

feedramp
02-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I received a 6 rd. magazine from Kahr last week for my CM9. Shipping time was 5 days which was pretty quick, but I don't quite understand the packaging.

Mag was in a plastic sleeve, which is the norm, but the outer wrapping was old newpaper... :001_huh:

Guess that is cheaper than bubble wrap.

jocko
02-18-2014, 12:15 PM
I've had them screw things up a few times for me. What they lack in CS they repay in a nicely manufactured product which is more important to me.

blame it on kahr, I have seen ur ordering before. IT SUCKS:Amflag2:u don't order sumpin and call the order person a d!ckweed in ur letter:D

b4uqzme
02-18-2014, 02:57 PM
No issues here but I haven't ordered anything in a long, long time. Probably about when this thread was started. :rolleyes:

ChuckR45
03-19-2014, 02:49 AM
My CW380 slide (only) has been in for night sight installation for about a month. May be back this week. Tried phone, e-mails and a letter to speed things up. One guy says it's shipped; another says they are out of night sights. So, did it ship without the sights? My credit card has been charged for 2 weeks. Kahr is not slow where getting the money is concerned.

TheLastDaze
08-28-2014, 04:58 PM

I couldn't disagree more... Customer Service is #1 in today's interlube era, WAY to many brands out there to choose from and if your CS isn't up to par I simply don't bring my business there.. Like powder valley for instance, couple weeks ago I ordered around $400 worth of product from them and I called to place another order as there website was having cart issues, both times different ladies answered and acted as if though I was somehow bothering them because I wanted to spend US $..... I've since found another vendor, easy come easy go..

Sometimes I spend more at places, simply because their Customer Service is number 1, makes good business practice... today's world you will fold up shop if your customer service isn't up to par... bad press on the interlubes spreads like a virus ......

downtownv
08-28-2014, 05:06 PM
I couldn't disagree more... Customer Service is #1 in today's interlube era, WAY to many brands out there to choose from and if your CS isn't up to par I simply don't bring my business there.. Like powder valley for instance, couple weeks ago I ordered around $400 worth of product from them and I called to place another order as there website was having cart issues, both times different ladies answered and acted as if though I was somehow bothering them because I wanted to spend US $..... I've since found another vendor, easy come easy go..

Sometimes I spend more at places, simply because their Customer Service is number 1, makes good business practice... today's world you will fold up shop if your customer service isn't up to par... bad press on the interlubes spreads like a virus ......

They screwed it up but made it right, they and I were very nice to each other. Anybody can make an error, it's how it's resolved that matters!