PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm 100% Sure I Can.

Old Salt
04-02-2011, 03:58 AM
Just received my Pennsylvania LTCF, License To Carry Firearms so now I’m 100% sure I can carry. Also Pennsylvania is an open carry state but I do not see the need for me to open carry. I fully support the right for anyone to open or conceal carry, but for me I just do not see the need to advertise. It sure feels good to be carrying again.

Sliebl
04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
Congratulations, fellow Pennsylvanian!

Was there a wait for your LCTF? In Lancaster, it's a 5 minute process. Walk in, instant check, out with a drivers license style LCTF.

Old Salt
04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Congratulations, fellow Pennsylvanian!

Was there a wait for your LCTF? In Lancaster, it's a 5 minute process. Walk in, instant check, out with a drivers license style LCTF.

Told me it would be 2 to 3 weeks. Received it in 10 days. They also made a copy of my South Carolina and New Hampshire permits.

Catshooter
04-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Good for you Old Salt.

Allways carry, all the time.

Cat

Rainman48314
04-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Wish Michigan was as quick in the more populous Counties. I applied Feb 22 and I am told that I might get called to appear before the Macomb County Gun Board in the third week of June.

MikeyKahr
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Wish Michigan was as quick in the more populous Counties. I applied Feb 22 and I am told that I might get called to appear before the Macomb County Gun Board in the third week of June.

Wow, that is quite a wait!!

ltxi
04-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Colorado's legally permitted wait period is either 60 or 90 days. I can't quite remember. Nominal was about three weeks pre 2008 election. After that it about tripled for awhile. I assume it's back to normal now.

As with Old Salt's experience, working off a non-resident permit my mail in response time with Centre County, PA was about 10 days. My semi-rural PA resident relatives get 10 minute walk-in service for their applications/renewals.

AJChenMPH
04-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Even in not-so-rural Bucks County, it took me 45 minutes...and that was only because the lady that does the LTCFs wasn't at her desk when I first walked in!

AJChenMPH
04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
SE PA here. I had to go to my local police dept for the paperwork. The background check took 1 week (it all depends on how much manpower they devote to the task - my PD = one officer). After that I went to the county courthouse and plunked down my money and walked out 5 minutes later with my CCW.

FYI, I asked how many they process a day and was told 35-50 (Montgomery County - right outside Philly).
Not to hijack the thread, but are you still on active duty, Chief?

MikeyKahr
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but are you still on active duty, Chief?

O, you know you very well intend to hijack it, AJ! :lie: JK!

Pa Kahr
04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
From South Central PA here...I had to ait 30 days for my permit...no big deal but interesting that you got to have your in five minutes...

MikeyKahr
04-04-2011, 08:25 PM
From South Central PA here...I had to ait 30 days for my permit...no big deal but interesting that you got to have your in five minutes...

Wow, that is quite a difference!! Sorry to say that I got my non-resident PA license in under a week...and that included shipping time! Just doesn't seem fair, you being a taxpayer in PA and me, not. Being south central PA, that seems odd it would take that long. You sure you didn't apply in Maryland!? :rolleyes:

AJChenMPH
04-05-2011, 08:23 AM
O, you know you very well intend to hijack it, AJ! :lie: JK!
Guilty as charged! :o

TD2K
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
PLENTY of PA guys here with guns....anybody let me borrow one next week while I'm there? ;)

Save me the hassle of trying to fly with one. :D

Bawanna
04-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey TD if any of them TSI dudes try to grope ya, you just let ole Bawanna know. I'll open a can of whoop arse and take care of business. I got people if its beyond my own meager capabilites which get more meager every day.

MikeyKahr
04-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Hey TD if any of them TSI dudes try to grope ya... I think you're either dreaming of an STI 1911 or had some CSI officer on your mind instead of TSA. :wof:

Bawanna
04-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I think you're either dreaming of an STI 1911 or had some CSI officer on your mind instead of TSA. :wof:

Or maybe all of the above. I got the first two letters right, doesn't that mean anything? I started to say Walmart Greeter as I hold them in the same level of expertise. TSA. I'll try to remember that.
When I think of CSI I think of cleavage and holding my flashlight at high noon outside in Nevada. Duh? They must go thru a truckload of flashlight batteries on that show.