PDA

View Full Version : new P9 owner

cobraetti
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM
just got a P9 @ a local gun show (traded a beretta cheetah .380) I think it was made in 05' but never fired. Looks like a really nice carry pistol...................can't wait to try it out(@ the range)

kpm9
11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Welcome and let us know how she works out.
Post pics too. :D

jocko
11-29-2009, 01:45 AM
just got a P9 @ a local gun show (traded a beretta cheetah .380) I think it was made in 05' but never fired. Looks like a really nice carry pistol...................can't wait to try it out(@ the range)

make you a very nice handgun. If you have any issues or questios, pleaee bring them back here, alot of guys here can help you. Take your time with it, shoot good ammo, practice close. Learn to love the looooong but totally smooth trigger...Kahrs are excellent shooters once you get used to the trigger system...

Jim K
11-29-2009, 08:31 AM
My P9 is an xcellent CCW pistol. I love the trigger. OMG, I am agreeing with Jocko!

Congratulations on your purchase. Don't trust your life on yours until you get 200 rounds thru it with out trouble. Prove your pistol with the ammo you intend to use after you fire 200 rounds of some thing like Winchester white box FMJ ammo.

Good luck, Jim K

jocko
11-29-2009, 09:54 AM
My P9 is an xcellent CCW pistol. I love the trigger. OMG, I am agreeing with Jocko!

Congratulations on your purchase. Don't trust your life on yours until you get 200 rounds thru it with out trouble. Prove your pistol with the ammo you intend to use after you fire 200 rounds of some thing like Winchester white box FMJ ammo.

Good luck, Jim K

the world of Jim K is now coming to an end:yo::yo:

surely that must be just B. S. ????

Jim K
11-29-2009, 12:42 PM
the world of Jim K is now coming to an end:yo::yo:

surely that must be just B. S. ????
Jocko, Maybe you should break in your mag release button.

jocko
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Jocko, Maybe you should break in your mag release button.

can work. no B. S. either..:yo::yo:

Jim K
11-29-2009, 02:05 PM
I have about 3500 rounds thru my P9 now. I lost the exact count. I have to say that is has finally lived up to my expectations. Not a single failure since it was fixed. I'm shooting consistent 2" groups @ 15 yards even after too much coffee. It's a good weapon now, just hell getting it there.

I suggest that anyone with problems with their Kahr product return it to them for a fix. They have an excellent service Dept.

I still have gripes about the initial quality of my P9. For the price of this pistol I expect it to be 100% out of the box. None of my other pistols needed break in just to make sure they worked. I don't think that's just the phase of the moon. Maybe I got one assembled by that guy who was taking pistols home a piece at a time to support his drug habit. Who knows?

Good Luck, Jim K

cobraetti
11-29-2009, 04:03 PM
was there 2 different slides for the P9? i have seen a more square one and a kinda angled style.

jocko
11-29-2009, 05:19 PM
was there 2 different slides for the P9? i have seen a more square one and a kinda angled style.

to me if there was. quite possably you have seen an earlier version and a later version or one that someone has had the slide melted..

sharpetop
11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
The angled slide is probably a CW9.

jocko
11-30-2009, 05:56 AM
The angled slide is probably a CW9.

The P9's are alittle more ornate or "melted".

grimm
11-30-2009, 04:21 PM

Yup, probably the CW9, a "squarish/glockish" P9.

cobraetti
11-30-2009, 05:04 PM
ok, the cw has the angled front and the p9 has the "glockish" front

thanks