PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Site?

AJChenMPH
04-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Is there (or are there any plans to create) a mobile/lite version of the forums that I can hit via my mobile device? Sort of like http://www.ar15.com/lite/ or http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?;wap2.

Thanks... :o

johnh
04-06-2011, 06:36 AM
I plan to look into that this summer. If I do so, it will have to be something like AR15.com uses that does not require any additional components, such as Tapatalk. There are some security risks with adding such software.

jlottmc
04-06-2011, 07:07 AM
I've found that on my smart phone Kahrtalk works just fine, thanks though.

Bawanna
04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I looked into one of them smart phones awhile back, I didn't realize that the name implied that the operator had to be smart enough to operate the darn little thing. It was alot like a computer to me, didn't do what I told it to no matter how much I begged and pleaded.

I guess I'm must not cut out for some of this technology stuff. Guess maybe I should have stayed in school or something.

I still remember my dad asking me a few years before his passing if he should get him a computer. I told him dad, you've lived a perfectly active and normal life, why screw it up this late in the game. I don't think he ever had a cell phone either.

Now days they are a mighty convenient thing I guess, if your car breaks down or your stuck someplace. That lady the other day that fell in a sink hole called on her cell phone and got pulled out before she got swallowed by the earth.

AJChenMPH
04-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I plan to look into that this summer. If I do so, it will have to be something like AR15.com uses that does not require any additional components, such as Tapatalk. There are some security risks with adding such software.
Thanks for the update, Boss. You could set it so that it's read-only -- I can't post when I surf AR15.com...then again, that's probably because I'm a cheap Chinese b****** and didn't want to pay the membership fee. :D

Thunder71
05-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Any updates to Tapatalk coming to the forum? This is the only one left that I frequent that doesn't have it installed. :(

earle8888
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
This one works fine on my droid and ipad

johnh
05-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Again, that is on my to-do list this summer. I have quite a bit of vacation and will have time to visit a few things related to the forum. I am not sure about Tapatalk as that software was involved in some security issues at a few other gun forums. Just need some time to do some reading on my part.

Thunder71
05-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Sounds good, thanks for the update.