PDA

View Full Version : Why does my K-9 carry better than my K-40?

Narkcop
04-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I checked the weight difference between my K-40 and K-9 and Kahr shows approximately 1 ounce difference. I carry with a Sparks Summer special and the K-9 feels more comfortable. Is this just my imagination?:der:

Bawanna
04-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Strange. Like you say they are basically the same identical gun. Maybe its a mental love triangle and the K9 is really your favorite?

I didn't even realize there was that much weight difference. Are you afraid of the K40 bark when you shoot? Maybe its a hidden fear of having to use it?

I'm gonna have to carry my K40 for a few days, it's been in the box too long and probably feeling neglected.

jocko
04-12-2011, 05:45 PM
K40 owner, PORT IT and then sit back and laugh at those 45 tomboi's..

Narkcop
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
My last qual I shot a 92 with the K-40 and we start at the 50 yard line prone and are timed. The recoil is tamer with the K-9 but not a problem with the K-40. I plan on maybe trying a P-40 but I am suspect of Kahr polymer framed guns. I had a bad experience with a CW-40 recently, so much so that I was back to packing my Glock 27 for a few days.

jocko
04-12-2011, 06:31 PM
damn that is a long long way. Hope it is just a hill I wouldhave to hit andnot an actual man target. Hell for an ol timer 50 yards is an eternity with a damn rifle let alone a pistol. K40, K9, P9 P9 all to far for me.

bad guy will just stand and wait till I run out and then shove that gun um my ass, ..

do they really expect a person to shoot someone at 50 yards and not have any legal issues after that??? cop or no cop, probably more cop than no cop for they will say he should have not be shooting at anyone at 50 yards. let alone if he misses which i bet more than not they will miss and then what hit a civilian sitting on his porch drinking a cold one or some guy taking a nooner with his gal friend in the bed of his truck..

kpm9
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Maybe the K9 gives you that little tingle down your leg...?

Narkcop
04-12-2011, 06:52 PM
If we shoot at someone from 50 yards you can bet there will be no question about the need. There have been a couple of incidents thru the years where longer shots have been necessary with us. It was a standard silhoutte target. Whatever target the G usually uses.