PDA

View Full Version : Will my K9 custom grips fit a K40?

TheGreatGonzo
04-14-2011, 01:00 PM
I plan to post for sale the custom wood grips that came with my Kahr K9. They are very sharp looking (the Chinese symbol means "dragon"...yes I checked to make sure. :D ), but I prefer the rubber grips. I have read several times that the K9 and K40 frames are identical. For the purposes of my "For sale" ad, does this mean that the grips would fit either pistol? Thanks in advance for any info.
Gonzo
http://www.fototime.com/462806D5FA59601/standard.jpg

jocko
04-14-2011, 01:43 PM
call kahr and be sure, I think ur right though..

that chinese writing looks alot like Bawanna signs the back of his grips, I think it means also "ol great one". I think the rubber grips are certainly the cats ass but I think today kahrs rubberlooking grips are indeed not rubber grips. Good luck finding the Hougue rubber grips as they used to make them for the k9 AND k40 butno more, nor do they even make them for after market sales.

TheGreatGonzo
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
call kahr and be sure, I think ur right though..

that chinese writing looks alot like Bawanna signs the back of his grips, I think it means also "ol great one". I think the rubber grips are certainly the cats ass but I think today kahrs rubberlooking grips are indeed not rubber grips. Good luck finding the Hougue rubber grips as they used to make them for the k9 AND k40 butno more, nor do they even make them for after market sales.

Thanks. The rubber grips I have are the original "old style" rubber grips. The guy who sold me included them. He had the custom grips made and that is what he carried on the gun, but fortunately for me, he saved the factory grips. I think I might like the checkered wood grips, but I just don't care too much for the smooth one, as nice as they look. I suppose I should give Kahr a call just to make certain about the K9/K40 grip question.
Gonzo

jocko
04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
those rubber grips are priceless IMO. don't let them get away from you. I have them on my K9 and they are just awesome to feel in ur hand and they absorb recoil and they are thin also.

Bawanna
04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I believe the K9 and K40 grips are indeed the same. Probably could just look at the part numbers on Kahrs website to be sure.
Jogging my memory I'm almost certain I've used my K40 to make K9 grips for a couple guys and they fit perfectly. But still don't trust me I sometimes lie to myself just for the satisfaction of not trusting myself. What the heck did I just say????

If checkering is all that makes you dislike those grips. Send em and I'll checker em all around that inlay.

I've lost my ability to read Japanese writing in recent years but I think thats something like snatch the pebble weedhopper and get the heck out, you eat too much rice. I could be wrong but that's what I get.

Kind of unique. I like em no matter what it says.