PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Springfield Thoughts

Bawanna
04-14-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=224470548

My son is seriously thinking about purchasing this Springfield V12. It looks good to me but I haven't heard or seen many V10's or 12's in recent years. Still doing research but I figured the best research would be to throw it out to my 1911 board of directors and seek opinions, thoughts criticism adnauseum.
Got a couple days to go and no interest so far so I guess we'll watch and pounce towards the end if I don't get any save yourself, don't go for it messages.

Thanks

MikeyKahr
04-14-2011, 08:39 PM
She sure is perty. That's about all I can say with confidence that would be of help to you.

jlottmc
04-16-2011, 08:25 AM
If that ported bbl works for him and those sights, why not? Thing about Springfields is they are MILSPEC, so there are no horrible things that can happen. If the price is good enough, and that's what he wants, again why not?

Bawanna
04-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Well #1 son nailed that Springfield V12 this morning. Nobody else bid on it. Fingers crossed it's a keeper.

Jlott, we're still waiting for a full report and disclosure on your new commander. Jdlott gave us a little teaser, works good bait report but no intimate details. The pictures were nice.

jlottmc
04-17-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought I snuck some range reports in on a couple of other threads. If not my apologies. It felt wondermous. No failures, accurate, and I have 5 eight round magazines for it. That does bring up a question though, two of those magazines are stainless steel, and we all know I carry two reloads, so which type of magazine should I carry for my reloads.
That commander is going to be carried a bunch I think. Like I said, bunch of rounds which ran the gamut from steel Russian's to old hollowpoints. I could tell when the Russians came up, just because they were less of a boom, but they went were pointed, and I had one big hole on that side of the target. I had a bunch of smaller holes on the other side from my MKII, which seemed odd when I transitioned after running the 45 dry. You know BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, PFFT, PFFT, PFFT. Had to stop and think about that for a minute. Matter of fact, that commander is not too very far away from me as I type this.

jdlott74
04-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Well #1 son nailed that Springfield V12 this morning. Nobody else bid on it. Fingers crossed it's a keeper.

Jlott, we're still waiting for a full report and disclosure on your new commander. Jdlott gave us a little teaser, works good bait report but no intimate details. The pictures were nice.

As I typed the teaser, he was at the range testing it out. He LOVES the new gun. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon. The grips you made look SOO good on the gun. jlottmc is thinking of getting some for his best friends 1911 maybe for Christmas this year, but we'll see.

Bawanna
04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
As I typed the teaser, he was at the range testing it out. He LOVES the new gun. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon. The grips you made look SOO good on the gun. jlottmc is thinking of getting some for his best friends 1911 maybe for Christmas this year, but we'll see.

We can surely do that. Lets not wait till the last minute though.

Apparently Eagle posted some pics of his Navy grips on the 1911 and theres some interest over there. I need to go lurk over there a bit, haven't ever been there.

Bawanna
04-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I finally got a response from the guy. He's an FFL and it's his personal. He has many 1911's but could only compete with this one in open class cause of the porting. He says he hasn't shot it nearly as much as his others.

Pretty much promised me it was a good one and not passing off a pig.

I'm confident we'll be alright. Jlott called it. It's all mil spec so if it dont run we'll make it run.

I'm trying not to get too excited about it since it's #1's and not mine.