PDA

View Full Version : New CW40 owner

mrsafeman
12-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Picked up my CW40 yesterday afternoon. I am very happy with it. Put 120 rounds through it of Magtech clean range ammo. The first 15 shots caused the slide to lock back with each shot. The gun smith upstairs took it apart and determined that the slide stop lever spring was installed upside down and causing the slide lock problem. Once it was corrected, 105 rounds went straight through with no problems. It shoots very comfortably, fits my hand very well. Taking it to Texas with me to finish breaking in w/ my father in law at his country club range.
After 5 years not owning a gun, its good to be shooting again.

mr surveyor
12-02-2009, 06:42 PM
good for you in isolating the problem so quickly and painlessly. Have fun here in Texas, and wave at me when you drive by (we're such a small little dot on the map)

surv

jocko
12-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Picked up my CW40 yesterday afternoon. I am very happy with it. Put 120 rounds through it of Magtech clean range ammo. The first 15 shots caused the slide to lock back with each shot. The gun smith upstairs took it apart and determined that the slide stop lever spring was installed upside down and causing the slide lock problem. Once it was corrected, 105 rounds went straight through with no problems. It shoots very comfortably, fits my hand very well. Taking it to Texas with me to finish breaking in w/ my father in law at his country club range.
After 5 years not owning a gun, its good to be shooting again.

I seriously doubt if what that smitty told you was true. That slide stop spring cannot go in back ward. Just can't be done, What happened is that you or someone had that slide stop lever out and when they reinstalled it, they got that little springhy thing below that slide stop notch , instead of above it. Below it will cause ever time the slide to lock open.

It has happend before to many who did not install the slide stop lever correctly. Once one learns how to do it, it is a no brainer...