PDA

View Full Version : Food 4 Thought

earle8888
04-23-2011, 03:32 PM
The world's largest army... America 's hunters! I had never thought about
this....

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and
arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin .
Allow me to restate that number. 600,000.

Over the last several months, Wisconsin 's hunters became the eighth
largest army in the world. More men under arms than in Iran . More than
in France and Germany combined. These men deployed to the woods of a single
American state to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of
Pennsylvania and Michigan 's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned
home.

Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia and it literally
establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would
comprise the largest army in the world.

The point? America will forever be safe from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting -- it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of
national security.

That's why all enemies, foreign and domestic, want to see us disarmed.

Food for thought when next we consider gun control.

OldLincoln
04-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Kinda recall a quote by one of the big foreign commanders (Japan?) that they could never invade the Us because there's a gun behind every blade of grass.

That's why gun control is the precursor to taking over the US - internal or external.

Jeremiah/Az
04-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I don't know if any of ya'll remember the start of WWII. I was very young, but the British were asking & getting guns from U.S. citizens to fight with because they didn't have any guns. Doesn't seem like they have learned from that.:eek:

Rainman48314
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
I never thought a statistic could make me happy and proud. Well done hunters!

Paladin
04-29-2011, 06:45 AM
The statistic is higher is even higher than that. It only counts hunters. I am an avid gun owner. Been around guns all my life. I shoot at least once a week. But I'm not a hunter. Don't hunt. And no, I'm not an animal rights person. Just never felt the urge. Guess I'm too lazy. When it comes to spending the whole day in the woods, in nearly freezing temperatures, stalking a deer or similar critter, I'd much rather spend that time on the couch, munching on a nice store bought burger.

In any case, there are many like me. People who own and use guns for other purposes than hunting.

jocko
04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Kinda recall a quote by one of the big foreign commanders (Japan?) that they could never invade the Us because there's a gun behind every blade of grass.

That's why gun control is the precursor to taking over the US - internal or external.

invade Indiana now, no hunting season but the woods are full of mushroom hunters, does that count, wonder what those fokking japs would be thinking seeing all those people walking aorund with no gun and looking down all the time. Unlike back during the day if you seen a frenchman doing that, he more than likely dropped him new unshot war rifle and is trying to find it.:popcorn: