PDA

View Full Version : About to buy

recon
05-03-2011, 03:35 PM
In about 1 more week I'll have enough extra money to pick up an Elite '03, I think it will be $755 all said and done. I've already planned on getting the stainless guide rod for aesthetics.

I want to get the smooth Pao Ferro grips, but I've read in some places they dont fit on the Elite '03... can someone clear this up for me?

Also, and this is something I havent found any information about online, but in a Kahr brochure, (13th Edition, link to www.kahrtalk.com on the back cover!) I've seen mags described as "shown with extended grip" that have a full black plastic block instead of that wavy plastic on all the mags I see online. I personally hate the look of that wavy mag, to me it breaks up the solid lines this gun has. Does anyone have any insight on this? I can scan a picture, I have looked relatively hard online and can't come up with a pic or any info.

Anyway cheers, can't wait to own one

jocko
05-03-2011, 04:04 PM
did u look in the kahr webb site. They show grips for the elite. l;ook for parts and then grips. The portion to my knowledge has nothing to do with the grip/frame construction.

dannyeller
05-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I had an issue with the wood grips I bought from Kahr. I was told the same thing. But less than 2 min with my dremel they fit just fine. I had to take off "less than" 1/8th of an inch from the inside top of the frame cutout just above the bottom screw hole.

I was told by Kahr after I bought them that "hey they don't fit your pistol". No one else sells them and that just about put an end to my gun project. But after looking hard at why the grips did not fit against the frame completely I broke out the dremel. I could have done the same thing in about 5 minutes with a sharp pocket knife.

You can see pics of my project at: http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6558

I also did up a T9 the same way but without the mag-na-porting. Pics are in the T9 thread.