PDA

View Full Version : Range Report on my new MK9 elite 03

wayneo1
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
I want to say hi all, I have been lurking around here for a couple months. I just bought a new mk9 elite 03 based on all the info found on this forum. Locally I was not able to find any except the pm9 and the other plastic ones.
But I like steel, and the info here gave me enough of a push to put my money down sight unseen.
I got the gun from Buds, a nervous experience but it got here. I picked the gun up and took it home and cleaned it up and oiled the gun as suggested. The only thing that disappointed me is Kahr brags on the elite costing more because it high polished stainless. It doesnt look all that polished to me. But you must remember I dont have the regular mk9 around to compare. That all said it was still a nice piece of machinery and I was looking forward to firing the gun and breaking it in.

If you read the forums you see some horror stories and all of a sudden your thinking oh man maybe I screwed up. But common sense tells you that these have to be unusual problems because there are just to many people talking about their good experiences. I was really wondering how this gun was going to function. So I loaded 200 rounds of 9mm ammo, 50 federal, 50 fiocchi, and 100 reloads that I made for my sigs. Also breaking in a S&W 45 so brought 100 rounds of 45. I got warmed up with the 45 and then went on to the MK9. The first mag was the extended one to give a little extra purchase on the gun. I read all the reports about easy recoil but you never know. Well the first round was at a target at 7 yards right in the 10 ring, recoil was nothing at all I went through all the federal and fiocci at 7 yards getting better all the time and feeling no pain, no discomfort at all. No FF,FE, tt xx, bb nothing but bang bang. I was having so much fun I brought out my reloads figureing if it choked on my stuff I would understand with just 100 rounds of factory through it. Well the reloads functioned flawlessly. I put the target out to 15 yards just for fun, didnt figure I would even hit the target.(I am older and my far sight is going) I ran a couple mags brought the target back and 3 of the 13 rounds I shot were just off bullseye and the rest were all in the black with a couple into the white. No failures, sweet trigger, mild recoil, loved the great sights , I am happy I listened to you good folks talk about the Kahr experience. I am glad I bought this weapon and it will be carried on regular basis in another 200 rounds just have to prove out that the hornady SD ammo works which I know it will. Thanks again to all of you that contribute to this and other forums because its knowledge that you couldnt get from anyplace else. P.S. I noticed that shooting the Kahr is effecting my 1911 trigger control for the better.. I love this gun if its possible to love an inanimate object. Thanks :D

Bawanna
05-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Great report, I'm sorry to hear that your only overwelmingly pleased with it. It is indeed ok to love an inanimate object. Think cars, street rods, Kahrs?

The good news is that if history repeats itself you will only come to love it even more and more as you shoot it and bond with it.

I too love the steel guns but am trying to keep an open mind and try the new fangled tupperware too. I love my PM45 immensely. I even got a rifle with one of them non wood synthetic stocks everyones raving about. Looks like plastic to me, no pizazz I guess.

Now that your a veteran Kahr shooter and lover (inanimate or otherwise) enough with the lurking. We'll look forward to some input and wisdom in the future.

Welcome

And a fellow 1911 fan to boot, all the better.

jocko
05-05-2011, 03:34 PM
I want to say hi all, I have been lurking around here for a couple months. I just bought a new mk9 elite 03 based on all the info found on this forum. Locally I was not able to find any except the pm9 and the other plastic ones.
But I like steel, and the info here gave me enough of a push to put my money down sight unseen.
I got the gun from Buds, a nervous experience but it got here. I picked the gun up and took it home and cleaned it up and oiled the gun as suggested. The only thing that disappointed me is Kahr brags on the elite costing more because it high polished stainless. It doesnt look all that polished to me. But you must remember I dont have the regular mk9 around to compare. That all said it was still a nice piece of machinery and I was looking forward to firing the gun and breaking it in.

If you read the forums you see some horror stories and all of a sudden your thinking oh man maybe I screwed up. But common sense tells you that these have to be unusual problems because there are just to many people talking about their good experiences. I was really wondering how this gun was going to function. So I loaded 200 rounds of 9mm ammo, 50 federal, 50 fiocchi, and 100 reloads that I made for my sigs. Also breaking in a S&W 45 so brought 100 rounds of 45. I got warmed up with the 45 and then went on to the MK9. The first mag was the extended one to give a little extra purchase on the gun. I read all the reports about easy recoil but you never know. Well the first round was at a target at 7 yards right in the 10 ring, recoil was nothing at all I went through all the federal and fiocci at 7 yards getting better all the time and feeling no pain, no discomfort at all. No FF,FE, tt xx, bb nothing but bang bang. I was having so much fun I brought out my reloads figureing if it choked on my stuff I would understand with just 100 rounds of factory through it. Well the reloads functioned flawlessly. I put the target out to 15 yards just for fun, didnt figure I would even hit the target.(I am older and my far sight is going) I ran a couple mags brought the target back and 3 of the 13 rounds I shot were just off bullseye and the rest were all in the black with a couple into the white. No failures, sweet trigger, mild recoil, loved the great sights , I am happy I listened to you good folks talk about the Kahr experience. I am glad I bought this weapon and it will be carried on regular basis in another 200 rounds just have to prove out that the hornady SD ammo works which I know it will. Thanks again to all of you that contribute to this and other forums because its knowledge that you couldnt get from anyplace else. P.S. I noticed that shooting the Kahr is effecting my 1911 trigger control for the better.. I love this gun if its possible to love an inanimate object. Thanks :D

I love my Harley's and they are in the inanimate category. Nice report.:behindsofa: