PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

monty
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Hello to all from Central Texas. I'm an old gun fanatic for most of my life and own a number of firearms.

Back in the 90's I purchased a Kahr 9mm (don't remember the model) and had a hard time trying to break it in. Kept jamming and jamming and finally took it back and traded for a Sig chambered for 357 Sig, which I still own.

Always liked the look of the Kahr and decided to give it another try. Recently purchased a CW9. I took it to the range and had trouble getting anything longer than the Corbon to eject properly. Is this normal for a new pistol? I tried Remington and Federal but they kept failing to eject.

What exactly is the breakin procedure?

Thanks in advance for your replies and cheers to all.:confused:

500KV
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Hello to all from Central Texas. I'm an old gun fanatic for most of my life and own a number of firearms.

Back in the 90's I purchased a Kahr 9mm (don't remember the model) and had a hard time trying to break it in. Kept jamming and jamming and finally took it back and traded for a Sig chambered for 357 Sig, which I still own.

Always liked the look of the Kahr and decided to give it another try. Recently purchased a CW9. I took it to the range and had trouble getting anything longer than the Corbon to eject properly. Is this normal for a new pistol? I tried Remington and Federal but they kept failing to eject.

What exactly is the breakin procedure?

Thanks in advance for your replies and cheers to all.:confused:
Welcome aboard monty.
Some of these guys or gals will probably help solve your problem.

I think you're saying that the Corbon does eject properly; if so It's the hotter of the rounds you mentioned and will cause the slide to cycle better with a new, strong recoil spring.

I would be willing to bet that more rounds through the gun will solve your problem but that advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.
Anyway, good luck and just shoot the heck out of it.

ETA: Kahrs like to be cleaned and like a lot of lube, but you probably knew that.

Pender1
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Kahr recommends 200-300 rounds before you trust it to be reliable.