PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the fourm

Arizona T
12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Hello ye all from the desert of AZ. I have been hanging around here for a few months and wanted to join the funn.
I own 2 Kahr pistols PM 9 , PM 40. more to come !!!!

Bulldog Custom Gun Leathe
12-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. Theres real nice people here.

Randy

jocko
12-09-2009, 09:43 AM
as they say on NCIS, welcome PROBI!!

Ol'coot
12-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome, and join right in, A lot of very good people here and a storehouse of good information

Dietrich
12-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Welcome, and join right in, A lot of very good people here and a storehouse of good information
Yeah,what he said!!

fsegreto
12-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Got a question on PM9. When I insert a fresh mag (7rds) and attempt to charge the gun - it doesn;t want to feed the top round and I have to hit the slide tocomplete the process. Once fired, the feeding process seems to proceed OK with an occasional failure. I'm shooting Independence 9mm Luger, 115gr, fmj.

500KV
12-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Got a question on PM9. When I insert a fresh mag (7rds) and attempt to charge the gun - it doesn;t want to feed the top round and I have to hit the slide tocomplete the process. Once fired, the feeding process seems to proceed OK with an occasional failure. I'm shooting Independence 9mm Luger, 115gr, fmj.
Hello fsegreto..
You didn't say how many rounds you had through your PM9. They're really tight little guns and need some breaking in (need some rounds through them).

Assuming you're using the slide lock to chamber that first round, I'd shoot it some more and if the trouble persists give Kahr a call.

Some feeding problems can be resolved by polishing the feed ramp, and don't forget to lube the gun properly.
Great little gun..Good luck.

pacific nw guy
12-10-2009, 07:00 AM
I am in the NW but lived in AZ for 8 years and spent this thanksgiving in Cave Creak! just got a crossbreed mintuck yesterday....i am not one to believe the "hype" but wow, you can even drive with it on. I will say I think it is a bit ugly and rather rough on the finishing but it works.

Arizona T
12-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Yo I tried the crossbread holster (super tuck ). I sent it back not a good fit for me. I agree that there somewhat crude looking,but if it works for you great!! I went with the Comp-tac Minoutar MTAC for a IWB 5 oclock carry, not only do the look great many more options on interchangeability between guns. I also highly recommend the MTAC Netural cant , this rig is the bees knees!!! Front of hip strong side carry. AZ T

pacific nw guy
12-10-2009, 01:15 PM
those look to be finished about 100x nicer than the crossbreed. Honestly I am a bit disappointed in the finish on the crossbreed. if it was about 25 cheaper I could undertand it but for almost 70 i expected something a bit more.

the minotaurs looks real nice and i see what you are saying about interchangeability. I do have a question, they dont look as wide as the crossbreed and it seems that width is what gives the comfort.

I dont like the look of this thing but I am amazaed at the comfort. I am an athletic person and wear clothes that fit, i say that as I have pants that are far from lose and I still can beleive how comfortable the holster and gun are. I put it on this morning, drove to work and have been sitting in my office and it has not bothered me once....pretty amazing,