PDA

View Full Version : Uplula Magazine Loader

Dietrich
12-09-2009, 01:23 PM
I forgot that I asked for one of these as a Christmas present until UPS delivered it today.The wife wasn`t home so I opened it up and tried it out.I had been told that it wasn`t good on single stack magazines so i wasn`t expecting it to work well for my Kahr mags. When I see the guy who told me that load of B.S.,I`m going to show him where the mule bit me.That imbecile didn`t know what he was talking about.The Uplula does everything I wanted it to do and does it well. I repackaged it and put it on the dining room table.She won`t know a thing. :D:D

wagon
12-09-2009, 02:58 PM
... and actually, eventhough LuLa didnlt specify it will work for .380 auto, it actually does... My Bersa mag loves it, too.

mx5fan
12-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Uplula, one of the best things since sliced bread :cheer2:

Raoul
12-09-2009, 05:25 PM
+1. That was my exact thought. lol

Cornhusker
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Luv my UpLula. Hate to go back to thumin.

polkhigh
12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Love it.
I see people using their thumbs and struggling at the range and it takes them twice as long to load up :). I actually offered people to use it and I think I aided in a couple of sales.

Dietrich
12-10-2009, 03:09 PM
Love it.
I see people using their thumbs and struggling at the range and it takes them twice as long to load up :). I actually offered people to use it and I think I aided in a couple of sales.

I had to ask this.Is this the same Polk High that Al Bundy attended?

NavJAG06
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
+1 on the UpLula. Use it for my HK45c, Kahr PM9 and Sig p239. Works all mags just great with superb speed and no wear and tear on the thumbs and fingers. One of the best $25 purchases I have made. Using the one I bought for over a year with no wear and tear.

polkhigh
12-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I had to ask this.Is this the same Polk High that Al Bundy attended?

Funny you mention that. My buddies gave me that nickname based on the show.
They said i kept on bragging about my 3 touchdown that I had in high school.... :D

Safety First
12-18-2009, 07:17 AM
I have the UPLULA for my handguns and it is indeed the best thing since sliced bread. I will be adding another for the AR15 soon, I hate loading those 30 round mags by hand:D

gknola
12-19-2009, 11:13 PM
They're great. They work just fine on the .380 mags, all of the 9mm - single and double stack, and .40's. That's based on 1st hand experience.

I gave a few of them as XMas presents.

zena
12-20-2009, 06:35 AM
I have a 9mm Uzi mag that it doesn't work with. My thumbs have thanked me many times over for using it.

Who named this thing, anyway?

HiCap
12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
It works for me for the Makarov, Sig single stacks, .38 super, 1911, Kahrs and Smith M&P .9mm and .40 What's better than that?

HiCap

pacific nw guy
12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
one for me one for a friend for christmas, locally shop wanted 35, bought from midway usa for 30 each and there is a 10 dollar savings code on the web for orders over 50. seemed like a great deal, exciting to not hurt my fingers anymore....

rtrider
01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I picked up two this a.m. One for a friend for a belated Christmas present, It'll work for his Sig40 and PM9. I was able to stack my new CW9 mag in moments using it...on a side note, the LGS had them listed on their web site for $29.95, but off the shelf they were priced at $24.95. I was happy to have them at this price.

fitzgood
01-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Dang it! I forgot to ask for one of those for Christmas:mad:

Anyone ever wonder what the best thing before sliced bread was?

tv_racin_fan
01-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Are you kidding?

The best thing before sliced bread was black powder (otherwise known as gun powder). The absolute best thing is sex and the second best thing is a Kahr firearm.

PaiN
01-03-2010, 04:09 AM
The Uplula does work fine for single stack mags,
Also it is well made I've had mine mine many years and the thing is good as new.

Just Bob
01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Amen. 'Hit don't get any betta. Saves my thumbs from a lot of abuse.
Bob

jocko
01-03-2010, 10:47 AM

if your gonna fully load any magazine this loaded is the cats "nuts":bump2:

wyntrout
01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
Super product! It replaced three different HKS loaders and is so easy to use. I was sold after watching that video. I got 2 of those with some ammo at Cabela's -- used that $20 coupon deal FOUR times -- the last about 15 minutes until the offer expired last night. I ought to get a commission for all of the promotion of that offer on this forum. I like to pass along good deals like that.:D
Wynn

KahrKRL
01-12-2010, 10:29 PM
I've had mine a while too. Have people asking about it at the range. Even had a guy ask to borrow it!!

TxKahr
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I just picked one up last night for my PM9. I have been using the loader which came with my Glock 26, but it did not work very well for a single stack magazine. The UpLula is much easier to use and I might try it for both guns the next time I am at the range.

Steve-$
02-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Just picked up my first one yesterday, and all I can say is Wow!
No comparision between it and the HKS #451.
:)

jkalantzis
02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I am very thankful for the one that Dietrich sent me. It is for sure a thumb saver when spending hours at the range. Thanks again Dietrich.

wyntrout
02-20-2010, 09:58 AM
I don't know if it's just me, but a few times I've had the dang bullet I just inserted pop out at me as I released the UpLula grip. The first time it happened at the range and I was able to retrieve my bullet with a rake from "down range". I've taken to placing the my thumb over the just inserted round as I loosen my grip to prevent the round from being flipped out by the "steel beak" thingy being withdrawn.:o
I still can't imagine how anyone could shoot several hundred rounds and just use his thumb to push those rounds in! I've seen prices from $25 to $40 for the UpLula. My local gun shop/range raised the price from ~$35.95 to $39.95 very recently. I bought two from Cabela's for $29.95 each(on sale) and used the $20 coupon to lower the cost on that order.
They will be releasing a .22 to .380 version soon. I can't wait. The regular sized one is just about too big for the .380. You just adjust to the "steel beak" scooting up to the magazine's feed lips because it won't fit between them like the larger calibers. My TPH magazines are not fun to load and I don't shoot more than a few mags as they quickly become painful to load.
Unlike some of you, I don't relish pain when shooting.:D
Wynn

Dietrich
02-20-2010, 01:20 PM
The gun store that I frequent the most sells the Uplula for $26.95. I`ve seen it in other stores for anywhere from $30 to $35. I saw the Lula for an AR-15 for $24.95 about a week ago.The stores have trouble keeping the Uplulas in stock.They sell like hotcakes around here.

wyntrout
02-20-2010, 01:59 PM
From the pricing, I doubt that the dealer cost on those things is over $15. The gun store I frequent quoted me about $860 for a PM4544N, plus tax + $5 instant check, and had no idea how long it would take to get one. They also charge $50 to receive a gun for you and $5 IC plus tax on those two things. So, it costs me too much either way. I'm still hoping to find a "deal" at a gun show, or locally.

I just ordered one of those Gamo Shadow Express .22 cal. Air Rifles that can shoot "shot shells" (#9 shot ~ 1 foot pattern at 10 yards) at 750 to 1000 fps, depending on where you look, and .22 pellets at about 750 fps. This is powerful enough for small animals and pigeon-sized birds -- the pellets, that is. I had a Winchester .22 air rifle in the mid-70's that dispatched the afore-mentioned easily with only 550 fps or 650 fps -- I can't remember, but it was very accurate. The cost got below $100 or below $90 for members at Sportsman's Guide, plus I used a $10 off $100 or more, after adding another box of shot shells and a box of regular pellets. Sometimes I don't even go looking for things and I get a notice for something like that... and let my fingers do the "shopping".

I got it for "pests", including rats. I haven't seen any in quite a while, but the city doesn't keep baiting for them. I just always wanted to get another .22 for general purposes. With the new cop living in the park behind me, I don't know when I'll get to shoot it, except indoors while wifey is at work.:D

The last cop that lived there and I were friends and I helped him keep an eye on the park and close the gate at night. He would turn that over to me with instructions on how to handle trespassers, etc., while he was out of town. I did have several occasions to call the non-emergency police line, but most "visitors" after hours were polite and left. While walking my dog one night I panned my powerful beam across a couple who evidently thought it was pretty private where they could spread out a blanket and feed the voracious mosquitoes. I never told anyone I was a cop, and if asked, told them I was just filling in for him. I certainly didn't mind potential trouble-makers jumping to that conclusion, though.
I once heard a commotion after hours out there and grabbed my P12 and my "tac-light"(Pelican M-9) and went out my back gate. It seemed a guy had chased his wife's lover into the park and was about to administer a little whoop-ass, when the "culprit" ran screaming up to the cop's trailer in the park. I stayed out of sight, but monitored what was going on, since my buddy came out and was assessing and trying to calm the situation wearing only his t-shirt and boxers! He defused the situation and everyone left safely, if not getting "satisfaction."
I told my buddy the next day and he expressed thanks for backing him up. You never know how things like that are going to go, but he wasn't "prepared" in case the angry husband was armed and "out of control". Thankfully, things didn't escalate.

Dang, I can't keep to one subject, and every time I start, I have to relate some kind of past experience!:blah::2rolleyes:

Wynn:blushing:

NC Buckeye
05-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Mine cost me $60. $30 for the one I bought, used and gave to my Dad when he saw it and had to have one and $30 for the one I am currently using. It was worth all $60.

ripley16
05-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Mine cost me $60. $30 for the one I bought, used and gave to my Dad when he saw it and had to have one and $30 for the one I am currently using. It was worth all $60.

That's funny. The family that loads together, stays together...or something like that. :biggrin1:

Welcome to the forum.:typing:

jlottmc
05-22-2010, 09:29 AM
I still thumb my mags, just always done it that way. I did recommend one to a buddy of mine here that is pretty tore up. Bob loves to shoot, and poor Bob, he's just falling apart. I think that the UpLula would be good for him though.

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
I just got my Midway Catalog. They have these Maglula Uplula loaders on sale for 22.99, regularly 29.99. I don't have one so I can't personally vouch for how good they are but people speak real highly of them.

wyntrout
05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Dang! I was hoping the Baby UpLula would be on sale. My local GS/Range charges about $42.95 for one of the regular ones! The "Baby" isn't available yet, or on sale, either.

Maglula UpLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader Polymer Black - MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=952670)

That's a super price and if I didn't have two already, I would certainly order some. Unless your're a masochist like jlottmc( :boink: ) as far as recoil and thumb-loading mags, this is a painless and efficient tool if you're going to shoot more than a few mags... especially, if your shooting 200-300 or more!
Wynn:D

Bawanna
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Dang! I was hoping the Baby UpLula would be on sale. My local GS/Range cahrges about $42.95 for one of these! The "Baby" isn't available yet, or on sale, either.

Maglula UpLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader Polymer Black - MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=952670)

That's a super price and if I didn't have two already, I would certainly order some. Unless your're a masochist like jlottmc( :boink: ) as far as recoil and thumb-loading mags, this is a painless and efficient tool if you're going to shoot more than a few mags... especially, if your shooting 200-300 or more!
Wynn:D

I should probably order one up. If anyone at the range thinks me unmanly I can always wear a paper sack over my head so no one will recognize me. Might not work though, the one thing the range didn't really like when I took my PM45 pics was the sack over the head idea. Told em I had eye holes and everything and I was just protecting my top secret identity. They didn't buy it.

jocko
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I should probably order one up. If anyone at the range thinks me unmanly I can always wear a paper sack over my head so no one will recognize me. Might not work though, the one thing the range didn't really like when I took my PM45 pics was the sack over the head idea. Told em I had eye holes and everything and I was just protecting my top secret identity. They didn't buy it.

IMO the best loader out there. Made by the Iraslies's . I used touse mine allthe time with my Glocks but got lazey over time and now just load aobut 8 rounds in my glock range mags . Never had any issues loading my kahr mags with our without a uplula. Glocks for me were alot more difficult to get 15 rounds in, so I just don't fight it. 8 rounds gives me a break also, As I tend to shoot until the slide locks open and I would be at round 12 to 15 I am getting tired..:behindsofa:

but it is the best loader I have ever used. They all seem to work, just the uplula works better..