PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Michigan

Josey Wales
12-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say hello, I picked up a new Black Diamond P-9 yesterday and can not wait until I can get out to break her in.....
I did a lot of research on weight, size and durability.
Hopefully this will be my new carry.:D

Only thing she doesnt have is night sights, how reliable is the factory to not scratch it up puting new sights on? anyone had this done?

Thanks
J.W.

Dietrich
12-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.There are several members from your state here who add quite a lot of useful information for the rest of us.Good people.As to your question about the installation of night sights,I can only tell you of my experience.The service department at Kahr seems to be professional and competant.I`ve just had meprolight sights installed on my PM9 and my slide was returned to me in the pristeen condition in which it was sent.I don`t think you have anything to worry about. If they did anything but but very good work,it would be all over this forum,believe me!I hope you enjoy the forum and look forward to learning from your experience. :)

Josey Wales
12-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks Dietrich,

I will call Kahr today and find out what the process is to get this done.
Not sure if I am to order sites and ship with slide or?
I did not see down loadable forms on their site

Arizona T
12-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Welcome Michigan man from sunny AZ, any snow yet???

Kahr pistols are a work of art!! These guns rock !! Keep the faith!!

G-9
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Welcome to you Michigan man. I too am from Michigan. Still fairly new to the forum, but so far it is a great place and resource.
PM9
PM40:33:

Josey Wales
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome fellers,

I called Kahr and sent my slide in for night sights, now the wait.........

In the snow and ice!

hollander
12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Welcome from Georgia - just a little south of Atlanta. Lived most of my life in Michigan in Grand Rapids area. Moved in '98 to avoid all the snow but miss the area for a variety of reasons.

Raoul
12-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Welcome, welcome. You're gonna luv your Kahr.