PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Targets?

Arizona T
12-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Hey ye all just wanted to get some ideas on what you all like to shoot at?
Has anybody seen the Zombie targets from (law enforcement inc.com)?
They look funn!!!! AZ T

Raoul
12-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm rather partial to something like the Caldwell (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=197962) targets.

That or golf balls.

Dietrich
12-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Rats.I hate them so much,they`re the only living creature that I hope I only wound so they will suffer before they die.:33:

ltxi
12-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Caldwell orange peel....for practice.

zena
12-20-2009, 10:50 AM
IPSC targets and steel poppers for practice. And for fun a:target::target: large stuffed toy with tannerite in the belly.

jocko
12-20-2009, 11:53 AM
my favorite is the FBI "Q" TARGET, OUTLINE BOWLING PIN type target. I feel good if I can keep all of them in that type of human silhouette target with my PM9 at 15 yards. No bullseye, just the outline, guick firing and I guess if it is good enough for them, then it is good enoufgh for me.

I do buy mytagts from

Pistoleer.com

If they don't have the targets you want, then they don't make um. Good people to do business with also.

500KV
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
I use paper plates (the cheap kind) with a small strip of Scotch in the center.
More money for ammo...:yo:

Geronimo509
12-22-2009, 11:01 AM
I have some of the bad guy ones and bin laden targets from there. However, I have found myself using computer paper 8.5 b y 11 and drawing a line straight down and across. It is a little smaller than a human size chest and very easy to see from 7 to 15 yards.

medezyner
12-22-2009, 12:07 PM
After paper plates and Caldwell orange peel & stick (for old eyes) I’m partial to Becky the Zombie. She’s kind of hot…in a sick, twisted way.
http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=ZT-BECKY (http://www.letargets.com/estylez_item.aspx?item=ZT-BECKY)
Midway was selling Caldwell factory seconds for a good deal. Don’t know if they have anymore in stock. FYI: some ranges won’t allow the use of paper plates.

getsome
12-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Watermelons!!!...I HATE watermelons that aren't tenderized properly!!!:D

faulty
12-22-2009, 03:20 PM
When I am able, I like to shoot steel. As far as paper targets go, I like the Gunsite Option targets and the EAG/10-8 targets. Both the Gunsite and EAG targets use camouflage in order to force the shooter to shoot at "center mass" instead of at a precise point.

ltxi
12-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Midway runs sales on Caldwell seconds on a semi-regular basis. Just need to keep an eye on their monthly flyer/specials.

zeitgeist
12-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Cats.

dirksterg30
12-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Besides paper plates, index cards and various printed bulls-eyes and silhouettes, I like Todd Green's FAST target - pistol-training.com F.A.S.T. (Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test) (http://pistol-training.com/drills/fast-fundamentals-accuracy-speed-test) and the Gunsite option target:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/dirksterg30/targets/Gunsiteoptiontarget.jpg

ltxi
12-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Actually, having thought about this a bit more...in order of preference and assuming not in time of war:
-- armed, agressive felons
-- agressive felons
-- any intruders that fall within our castle doctrine
-- Caldwell orange peel targets or paper plates

Smoke Eater
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Practice= paper plates
Fun= cans of well shaken shaving cream!

Cheers,
Dave

fitzgood
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
-Almost empty propane tanks, done in a safe manner of course ;)
-Cars, sometimes someone is kind enough to donate a dead car where I shoot
-My old computer that never worked right.

I agree there is nothing funner than breaking stuff when shooting. That said, about everywhere I could go shoot years back has been posted "No Shooting" "Keep Out" because of all the shot up junk that people left behind. Can't blame people from closing up places when shooters make the sites look like junkyards. I'm not saying anyone here would do that but I am sure most of us have seen sites like that.

zena
01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
-Almost empty propane tanks, done in a safe manner of course ;)
-Cars, sometimes someone is kind enough to donate a dead car where I shoot
-My old computer that never worked right.

Agreed! I love to shoot at things that blow up. And I've found that old pesky hard drives make good ballistics testing items. Stuffed animals/toys with tannerite in the belly can be exceptionally fun. I currently have the heads of Dora the Explorer, Elmo, Pooh, and Mickey hanging above my reloading bench. The range I shoot at doesn't mind if no evidence is left behind!:target:

johnh
01-13-2010, 06:48 AM
I use Caldwells as well--in particular when dialing in sights as the holes are easy to see at a distance. A good friend gave me several cases he was not using. After that sheets of copy paper. Cheap and no lines to distract me. When I shoot pistols I focus on keeping fairly tight groups when firing rapidly. If I am in a sheet that size and group fine, I am good to go for most realistic defensive scenarios. Most of my practice focuses on CCW or home defense use. One of our other mods here uses paper with a square of orange tape in the middle as a point of reference.

John

In-Yo-Grill
01-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Watermelons!!!...I HATE watermelons that aren't tenderized properly!!!:D

I need to go shoot some melons one day. I've heard it's a lot of fun.

I like the Shoot-n-C stuff although my local gun range has a silhouette of Osama Bin Laden I'd like to try out one day.

Gottabkiddin
01-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Just the standard silhouette for me. :86: