PDA

View Full Version : Mag-na-port

luka
12-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Question:

I never hear much talk about Mag-na-port, it gives less recoil and the muzzle lift has less reduction, I have been thinking about it, has anyone had any problems or does it take or add to the value of the gun. The Company gives nothing but good talk and says the pro's like it, but, it is rare to hear about it on a Gun site.
If the muzzle lift and recoil are reduced a PM9 would be like shooting a 22 cal.

Just curious at this time.:spider:

Pender1
12-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Just my personal thing, but I don't like the idea of cutting holes in my slide and barrel. On a revolver porting's one thing, but I don't like the idea on a semi-auto.

jocko
12-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Just my personal thing, but I don't like the idea of cutting holes in my slide and barrel. On a revolver porting's one thing, but I don't like the idea on a semi-auto.

ur reason for that statement. I see glock even makes available slide with major cut outs in the upper portion of their slide. Magna-port custs trapazoioldal slot sin each side of the slide and I have my K9 and PM9 mag na ported along with my G19 and they do what they are advertised. They IMO are super, puts the second shot there alot faster, no flash back or anything and I have 25,00 out of my PM9.

I can't see where it weakens the slide any either. they invented it and perfected the edm process for porting...

jocko
12-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Question:

I never hear much talk about Mag-na-port, it gives less recoil and the muzzle lift has less reduction, I have been thinking about it, has anyone had any problems or does it take or add to the value of the gun. The Company gives nothing but good talk and says the pro's like it, but, it is rare to hear about it on a Gun site.
If the muzzle lift and recoil are reduced a PM9 would be like shooting a 22 cal.

Just curious at this time.:spider:

sent u a pm..

DETROIT
12-20-2009, 10:38 AM
^ His theory and is valid to a point is that holes in a cylinder do not weaken a structure as they do in a square (the slide). We are not adding TONS of constant pressure to a structure so its not really relevant.

Port away, it will be done to mine soon as I get some extra cash and I tweak this PM9's trigger and mag release.

Ratmando73
12-20-2009, 11:32 AM
I too have had my P-40 Covert Magnaported. It feels to me like felt recoil is reduced by 50%. I have no complaints with it what so ever.

jocko
12-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I guarantee u, you will love a magna-ported kahr..

rock
12-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Has anyone ran chronograph tests before and after to check FPS differences? Not guess's but actual tested it in the Kahrs?

jocko
12-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Has anyone ran chronograph tests before and after to check FPS differences? Not guess's but actual tested it in the Kahrs?

never seen one and I would be very skeptical of in home testing also. Just so many variables. I think Magna-port states around 6% loss, now if that bothers one, for the benefits of what I certainly know they give me, then I would definitely not do it. With the modern +P ammo out 6% would be negliable at best.

I don';t work for magna-port, nor do I represent them either, I have problalby over tghe year a dozen Magna-ported guns and I never had any cracked slides or barrels . they will also not port low priced guns like the kel tecs or the Ruger LCP due to lack of barrel thickness, would be counter productive for them to do so and then the have big time issues and their porting process get the blame for it. I do consider magna-port the true founders of proper porting, they have been doing this for over 25 years and Kelley who founded Magna-port back then
has perfected it to what it is now.

You all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and to my good FRIEND" jIM k. mAY YOUR RIGHT FOOT ALWAYS BE ON YOUR RIGHT SIDE:crazy:

varoadking
12-24-2009, 07:33 PM
...the muzzle lift has less reduction...

:confused:

jocko
12-25-2009, 12:51 PM
I think he stated reduced, which Magna porting will reduce muzzle life along wth less recoil Most people, myself for sure have stated before that that second shot is right there just waiting on one to pull the trigger. Some because of their grip notice it more and some not as much, also a 40 cal kahr PM9 will be noticable less muzzle flip than a PM9, just because of the calibers...

coctailer
12-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm sending off my P45 slide and barrel next week to get done.

I

jocko
12-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sending off my P45 slide and barrel next week to get done.

I

I know you will give us a true report after shooting it also. :cheer2:

rock
12-25-2009, 03:50 PM
never seen one and I would be very skeptical of in home testing also. Just so many variables.

I have not seen one either. As far as being skeptical, I don't necessarily agree. If one runs a sampling of ammo through it before and after from the same box in a controlled environment there shouldn't be any major variables to consider.

luka
12-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I met to put the word Reduced in the sentance.

I WILL BET YOU VOTED FOR OBAMA. You sound like the person that likes to find fault.:yo:

jeepster09
01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I am looking to get my PM9 Magnaported and also my Scandium S&W 38 done; is night time muzzle flash an issue?

getsome
01-15-2010, 07:55 AM
Hello all, I have a CW40 thats Mag-na-Ported and it really helped with the stout 40 cal muzzle flip...much easier to get a second shot on target...I also think I shoot better now due to not thinking about recoil so much....As for muzzle flash, I don't notice any difference at all...no blinding flash as most of the energy goes out at a 45 degree angle and not straight up into your line of sight...I really think Kahr should offer this as a factory option on their guns due to the light weight/large caliber of their products...As for the 6% muzzle energy loss, If I ever have to shoot a BG I'll be sure to ask him if he noticed the difference before he checks out!!!:D

jeepster09
01-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback.:)