PDA

View Full Version : New CW9??? problem

wdg
05-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Just picked up my new CW9 took it home to disassemble and clean. But, I can not rack the slide. slide moves about 1/8" back thats it ...with or without a mag in. Am I missing something?

Bawanna
05-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Weird. It's brand spanking new? Your pulling plenty hard enough to defeat a new heavy spring. I've heard of some being hard to rack but being stuck is a new one on me. Slide stop pin is pushed all the way in?
Can you ascertain that it's not loaded and pull the trigger. Not that this will help anything but I'm just mentioning things that I would try if it was in my hands.

Lets put our collective thinking caps on guys and figure this one out.

newkahrowner
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
did you take the pin out before you moved the slide?
i want to say i did this too once and had to remove the firing mechanism to get the slide off but cannot remember how i created the problem.

newkahrowner
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
did you squeeze the trigger to make sure its not "cocked"

jocko
05-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Just picked up my new CW9 took it home to disassemble and clean. But, I can not rack the slide. slide moves about 1/8" back thats it ...with or without a mag in. Am I missing something?

I am assunming you put the gun back together with the slide lock lever pin in the gun: If u did not then the below info does not pertain to you or the gun, if u did though then I think that is ur problem.
slide lock/take down pin in front of the barrel lug instead of through the barrel lug, The pin is gonna be hard to get out, so take a wooden dowel and on the right side where the take down pin is sticking out, put the dowel there and then whack it with a hammer and the pin will come out far enough to remove, then slide the slide off the gun.. Now line that slide lock hole up with the hole in the barrel lug and insert the slide lock and u will be good to go. U didn't harm anything. Lesson learned maybe.

Bawanna
05-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I didn't realize he had it apart. I assumed when he went to dissasemble to clean it wouldn't rack. If he did get it apart I'm with you boo boo. Probably the pin missed the hole.

jimbar
05-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Sounds like the recoil spring was re-installed backwards. If so, the slide will not move back.,.........don't ask me how I know this.

The Kahr web site has a nifty little video that shows step by step break down, and reassembly,......

tconroy
06-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Well, is it fixed???? The suspense is killing me:confused:

jimbar
06-04-2011, 10:08 PM
Don't ya just hate it when somebody poses a problem, then just disappears into the sunset? :confused:

Bawanna
06-04-2011, 10:24 PM
People often tell me a pose a problem. I try not to get to broke up about it.

Did we have a beautiful day today jimbar or what? Supposed to be nicer tomorrow, might make 75.

jimbar
06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
People often tell me a pose a problem. I try not to get to broke up about it.

Did we have a beautiful day today jimbar or what? Supposed to be nicer tomorrow, might make 75.

It was a fantastic day. I took the Harley out for a spin. Thought my kid was gonna ride his up to visit "ol dad, but he had to work most of the day. I feel for those who still have to "work",...don't miss it too much,....:rolleyes:

jimbar
06-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Think I'll combine two of my favorite things tomorrow, put that new Vaquero in the range bag, load it on the Harley, and head out to the range........sound like a plan ??

GOOFA
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
wdg... If you didn't get it working yet, try lifting the front of the slide while pushing it back and at the same time pull your trigger slowly if it gets hung up. That should take care of it.

tconroy
06-09-2011, 06:20 AM
It was a fantastic day. I took the Harley out for a spin. Thought my kid was gonna ride his up to visit "ol dad, but he had to work most of the day. I feel for those who still have to "work",...don't miss it too much,....:rolleyes:
The only riding i get to do latley is to work and back and running errands. Im slowly hacking away at the honey do list and then it's all day riding!!! I have a Fobus paddle holster that fits inside my riding jacket pocket so I carry the ruger 357 magnum with me when riding. Just dont feel compfortable carring the kahr on the side without a snap strap on the holster.