PDA

View Full Version : Ao 1911tc

ivans
05-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Has anyone seen or shot one of these? http://www.tommygun.com/PA-1TH_c.html

I've been eying the new Ruger hard, but the availability is nearly non-existent. I'd like to get a 5" 1911 and this gun seems to have most of the reasonable upgrades.
I particularly like the front strap checkering - something I'd likely do to the Ruger after a while anyway. The only problem I'm seeing is these seem to be rare as hen's teeth too.

Let me know your thoughts and experience.

Thanks!

yqtszhj
05-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I've only seen this same picture. Back when I was looking for my 1911 I couldn't find this thing anywhere.

Bawanna
05-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Our illustrious, fearless and much respected leader, Mr. Johnh is a proud owner of one of those and I find it ironic that I was just fixing to ask if he's ever gonna write up his long ago promised range report.

Old the phone, your looking at AO, he has the MRI (same?) no not the same dumbhead Kahr bought Magnum Research so now theres AO an MRI. (thank you voices to myself) well no matter we need to see his report on the MRI anyhow it's long over due.

He likes to get all his words and spellin all correct and stuff but dang it I for one am tired of waiting.

Johnh. I'm calling you out. Lets have that range report. People here wanna know, ya know?

Sorry if I come on too strong you being the boss and all. I'm usually pretty mellow and shy and introverted. Scared of my shadow and snakes and dentist, well ya know.

jlottmc
06-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Bawanna, he might have other things on his mind right now. Think about what's going on in that area.
There are a couple of LGS type places around here that have the MRI, and I must say, apart from the full length guide rod have a superb trigger. Sights aren't bad, if you dig target style.

xr1200guy
06-12-2011, 01:15 PM
i bought a 1911tc when they first came out.had a small problem that i coulda fixed if i had looked a little closer.changed the grips to thin ones,changed the trigger to take out a little up and down play,changed the cheap plastic main spring housing to a metal checkered one.the stock full length guide rod flaked its chrome plating changed it too.works perfect now.worked well stock also.if you compare it to a stock kimber theres no difference.same sight cuts and everything.