PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make a metal magazine catch for the PM9?

kahr360
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Does anyone make a metal magazine catch for the PM9?

It really seems like it should be metal and not polymer.

jocko
12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
they have been metal for about 2 years now, so if u have a poluymer catch, call kahr and have them send u a metal catch...they will do that and u can install it easily.. My first catch was polymer and I never had one issue with it, as the polmer catch still had a steel insert in it that made the actual contact with the magazine. IMO it was a good catch..

kahr360
12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

jocko
12-16-2009, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

u dead nuts sure you have the polymer catch in your kahr, it is very hard to tell the difference by looking??:confused:

kahr360
12-16-2009, 10:02 PM
It’s actually a friend of mine's, and he bought it more than two years ago.

but besides that I'm good at telling plastic/polymer from metal, I can tell by how cold it feels, and from the feel of it.
If it feels cold it’s metal if it doesn’t it’s plastic/polymer :D

I’ll most likely be getting one that’s newer, but do you have send the old polymer catch to them?

jocko
12-17-2009, 06:14 AM
It’s actually a friend of mine's, and he bought it more than two years ago.

but besides that I'm good at telling plastic/polymer from metal, I can tell by how cold it feels, and from the feel of it.
If it feels cold it’s metal if it doesn’t it’s plastic/polymer :D

I’ll most likely be getting one that’s newer, but do you have send the old polymer catch to them?

NO

why don't u have your friend take that cartch out, as he willhave to anyhow to install the new one and definitely see if it is the polymer, try a maganet on it even. I think they are steel and not aluminum...