PDA

View Full Version : K9 vs P9 , which would u buy ?

georgepittenger
06-21-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm looking for primarily a range gun for my 18 yo daughter . So carry weight is not a big issue . Accuracy and quality are . Difference in $ is not a big issue . Has shot a PM9 and but wants something a bit bigger . She handles my Springfield XDsc fine and it's about the same weight as a K . Saw some past quality issues w/ the "P" . Are those completely resolved ? Is the extra weight of the "K" an aid in recoil ? I personally like the look of the "K" . Any other issues / concerns for either model ? Thanks ..........
She's also looking at a PX4 if you have any side comments about that .

ripley16
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. I like and have both the P9 and K9. If you want a nice range gun then the K9 is indeed a softer shooter. I'd also suggest the larger TP9. I find it to be my favorite range gun these days. Good price, larger mag, full grip and a longer barrel and sight line and softer shooting than the P9. Just a suggestion.

Take your pick... one of these will make for fun times at the range.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Kahr/Kahrgroup001-1.jpg

Willieboy
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
I have never fired the P9 but I have the K9 and it's a gem of a gun. For carry, I think it needs a good holster with two belt attachment point, but for the range, it would be a great choice. Mine has been 100% reliable so far.

JimBianchi
06-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I have never fired the P9 but I have the K9 and it's a gem of a gun. For carry, I think it needs a good holster with two belt attachment point, but for the range, it would be a great choice. Mine has been 100% reliable so far.

this.

Kahrson
06-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Agreed with the exception of the holster. I use the Remora and have been for several months and it carries and conceals the K9 very well. My K9 has been 100% reliable. The balance of the gun is perfect and fits my hand like it was made for it. I have not shot the P9 either so I can't really comment on that.

HighSpeedBail
06-22-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm looking for primarily a range gun for my 18 yo daughter . So carry weight is not a big issue . Accuracy and quality are . Difference in $ is not a big issue . Has shot a PM9 and but wants something a bit bigger . She handles my Springfield XDsc fine and it's about the same weight as a K . Saw some past quality issues w/ the "P" . Are those completely resolved ? Is the extra weight of the "K" an aid in recoil ? I personally like the look of the "K" . Any other issues / concerns for either model ? Thanks ..........
She's also looking at a PX4 if you have any side comments about that .

Please make sure you let her hold and manipulate whatever you buy before you buy. The most important factor is that it fits her hand and she likes the feel & weight. Take her to the gun show and let her hold a bunch of guns and see what she likes.

Just like with a Mercedes Benz or other top of the line product occasionally there may be a slight manufacturing error/defect. You should not have any issues with a new Kahr. If you do happen to make the very small statistic, you'll get your piece back within a week or two from Kahr ready to go.

Ken