PDA

View Full Version : Slide back with new sights!

Josey Wales
12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I sent my P-9 slide in last Saturday the 12th, called Tuesday they said they would install the sights and send her out right away.
Fed Ex returned her home today with new mepro night sites. :D I put it back together and will try it out this week-end.

Great service from Kahr!

Dietrich
12-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I believe you`re going to like those new sights Josey.I got them on my PM9 and I wouldn`t take a pretty for them. :D

PaiN
12-17-2009, 07:05 PM
I was going to post a question about installing sights, but I guess I will just ask it here.
I hear the RS on Kahrs is very difficult to impossible to change. When I want to add the night sights to my CM9, what is the best way? DIY, do the sights come with a pusher for the RS? Gunsmith, the ones in my area are booked for months. Send the slide/pistol to Kahr(I quess the turn around time is quick)?

Dietrich
12-18-2009, 02:26 AM
I was going to post a question about installing sights, but I guess I will just ask it here.
I hear the RS on Kahrs is very difficult to impossible to change. When I want to add the night sights to my CM9, what is the best way? DIY, do the sights come with a pusher for the RS? Gunsmith, the ones in my area are booked for months. Send the slide/pistol to Kahr(I quess the turn around time is quick)?
Contact the Kahr service department.I just had night sights installed on my PM9.Usual turnaround is about 2 weeks.You only have to ship the slide and you can do that by using the small flat rate box at the post office.It`s ok to ship by the P.O. if you are only shipping the slide..Kahr will give you the details.

PaiN
12-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Contact the Kahr service department.I just had night sights installed on my PM9.Usual turnaround is about 2 weeks.You only have to ship the slide and you can do that by using the small flat rate box at the post office.It`s ok to ship by the P.O. if you are only shipping the slide..Kahr will give you the details.
That definitely seems like the best way to go.
One thought...without the pistol to test fire, how will the sights be zeroed?
Or are all factory just sights dead centered on the slide?

tx

Josey Wales
12-18-2009, 05:16 AM
I sent in only my slide, it took less then a week, I did overnight mine to them.
I did not ask but you can when you call, I believe they check it on a frame when done. I will shoot and check accuracy this weekend.

The details are on the Kahr home page down toward the bottom.

Kahr Arms / Q & A (http://www.kahr.com/OR-4.html#q1)

Follow shipping instructions and call in a few days.
Worked for me!