PDA

View Full Version : couple pics

pacific nw guy
12-19-2009, 05:27 PM
very gangsta:D:p

for some reason only one pic would download, i will try again later gotta go to a party!

mx5fan
12-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Nice pic...thanks for sharing... I never get tire of looking at these pistols.:popcorn:

mr surveyor
12-19-2009, 09:00 PM
nice gun... what's the strange looking paper in the background?

pacific nw guy
12-19-2009, 11:03 PM

money.....

pacific nw guy
12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
i think i got it now.....

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/kenwood1972_photo/IMG_5503_edited.jpg

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/kenwood1972_photo/IMG_5504_edited.jpg

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/kenwood1972_photo/xdm.jpg

what stinks is that these look a lot better on my monitor.....the picture quality is not the greatest but I thought this was an interesting "scene"....cash and guns!

bossbird
12-19-2009, 11:21 PM
nice gun... what's the strange looking paper in the background?
Must be a special rebate program Kahr has going on...:)

zena
12-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Looks like enough Ben's to pick up another nice toy or two. I've been very good.....:angel:

pacific nw guy
12-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Hopefully the humor behind the pics was easy to pick up. I showed them to my wife and she thought i was being weird. To me the pictures are very sarcastic and funny, i by no means am trying to portray myself in that light but I felt the humorous sentiment behind guns laid on 100 dollar bills was one people would get....that is why i said it was very gansta:D

anyhow just to be clear i am a family man who has a sense of humor that he thinks is very funny but at times his kids, wife, and others around him may be a bit confused by:eek:

i also thought these could be pretty cool wall paper....if anyone is interested in a full resolution version i can email it!

mr surveyor
12-20-2009, 11:27 AM
nice photo work... I just didn't recognize the bills in more than 2 digit denominations:)

500KV
12-20-2009, 11:35 AM
It would be impossible for me to take a pic. with that background..:photo:
You must have gotten in on a "cash for clunkers stimulus rebate" or something.
Fess-up now..:)

pacific nw guy
12-20-2009, 03:11 PM
if the world goes upside down everyone needs a stash of 100 dollar bills in their house. how else do you plan on being able to buy milk?

500KV
12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
if the world goes upside down everyone needs a stash of 100 dollar bills in their house. how else do you plan on being able to buy milk?
My plans are, to steal the milk and shoot anyone who interferes with my PM9.:yo:

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey! If the SHTF really! Those bills may be just another kind of "tinder" -- to start fires. Other countries have "progressed" to the point they needed a wheelbarrow full of larger denominations than that for a loaf of bread. Look at bullets NOW... while they are still making them. There might be a point where one of those bills won't buy a bullet... but having those bullets might help you get a loaf of bread... one way or another.:eek:
I read a lot of science fiction and have read about all possible scenarios. One of the latest is One Second After -- not sci-fi really -- about an EMP strike on our country. It's a totally possible scenario because even NK can lob a small nuke a couple of hundred miles into space. Now that's real scary! We are totally unprepared for every electric/electronic thing except some pre-1970 cars that would be fried and totally useless. A lot of military stuff is hardened against EMP because we deliver some of that stuff with airburst nukes, but it's line-of-sight. I was a "bombardier" in SAC up to 1988 and it ain't fictional... Electro-Magnetic Pulse.
Sorry to change topic here. I get carried away!:rolleyes:
Wynn

pacific nw guy
12-20-2009, 05:46 PM
was sarcastic, we actually did at one time decide to stash a bunch of cash and like you both are saying I realized how worthless it will be, especially hundreds. at that point a piece of paper is a piece of paper....

what we have done is stock up on food and other supplies. if anyone is interested in a cool food supply check out daily bread. i was completely shocked when i tasted it and it is good for at least 25 years, not cheap but it fit the bill for a supply of food.

i also agree that the more bullets the better. i buy bullets whenever I can and if it did end up "going down" the bullets are worth way more than the bills.

your reference to electricity is DEAD ON! our power went out the other day and it was very cold outside, about 15 degrees, we all seemed helpless.

wyntrout
12-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Pacific nw guy, I meant no criticism or disrespect, but EMP is just one of many possible attacks that could take us back to the turn of the LAST century. The book One Second After is written by William R. Forstchen, a noted sci-fi and historical writer. The book has a forward by Newt Gingrich -- just imagine if he were president instead of the community organizer we have.
Is this off-topic? I seemed to have hijacked the original subject and may have strayed... or galloped away from it.
Anyhow, having been involved in training with things that caused EMP and the very real chance of flying through a nuclear theater, our weapon systems had to be able to survive EMP or we would be casualties as well, with the first pulse. This was a terrific book... and scary, because we have nothing to counter such a sneak attack... other than prevention of the proliferation of "WMDs". The estimated casualties were about 90%... about 10% of our population might survive after a year. Think no vehicles, fuel, food, medicine or most anything would be replenished because our whole country requires trucks, trains, planes, ships, to carry everything everywhere. The windmills and solar farms would lose all of their controls and the very pumps for our water supplies and wells would be gone. Society would break down and only communities that could unite and maintain some kind of law and order for their area might get by for a while. Soon the hungry masses and the criminal elements would spread out from the cities and start "sharing" whatever anyone had. It would really suck, because no community could withstand repeated assaults by armies of desperate people and criminals. It's a very sobering book and a real wake-up call to recognize that possibility.
I remember the surreality of 9/11 and realizing that we were under attack and we didn't know for sure by whom or how long or what else to expect. I can remember drills in early school classes in how to react to nuclear attack and having to get under our desks and such. We lived with the threat of nuclear war for a long time. Now everyone is back to fat-dumb-and-happy, feeling inconvenienced by all of the lines for personal searches -- for STUFF, instead of trying to identify terrorists like the Israelis do. The constant scare-mongering from Homeland Security over trivial stuff instead of trying to close our borders to ALL illegal immigration. Legions of bad guys could have already walked across the northern and southern borders. We could stop that and then start looking for the ones that already here.
Dang. I had better shut up do something else around here. My wife gets off work in a couple of hours and there must be something I need to do.:blushing:
I guess I ought to start a blog or something and just rant all day... but that's no fun. Today has been one of those days that I just can't seem to shut up.
Y'all take care and don't let me run you off. I enjoy reading the posts and learn a lot about guns and shooting. I certainly don't do enough of that these days. You've probably noticed that I like to yack as well. :blah: Later!
Wynn :D

WMD
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Pacific nw guy, I meant no criticism or disrespect, but EMP is just one of many possible attacks that could take us back to the turn of the LAST century. The book One Second After is written by William R. Forstchen, a noted sci-fi and historical writer. The book has a forward by Newt Gingrich -- just imagine if he were president instead of the community organizer we have.
Is this off-topic? I seemed to have hijacked the original subject and may have strayed... or galloped away from it.
Anyhow, having been involved in training with things that caused EMP and the very real chance of flying through a nuclear theater, our weapon systems had to be able to survive EMP or we would be casualties as well, with the first pulse. This was a terrific book... and scary, because we have nothing to counter such a sneak attack... other than prevention of the proliferation of "WMDs". The estimated casualties were about 90%... about 10% of our population might survive after a year. Think no vehicles, fuel, food, medicine or most anything would be replenished because our whole country requires trucks, trains, planes, ships, to carry everything everywhere. The windmills and solar farms would lose all of their controls and the very pumps for our water supplies and wells would be gone. Society would break down and only communities that could unite and maintain some kind of law and order for their area might get by for a while. Soon the hungry masses and the criminal elements would spread out from the cities and start "sharing" whatever anyone had. It would really suck, because no community could withstand repeated assaults by armies of desperate people and criminals. It's a very sobering book and a real wake-up call to recognize that possibility.
I remember the surreality of 9/11 and realizing that we were under attack and we didn't know for sure by whom or how long or what else to expect. I can remember drills in early school classes in how to react to nuclear attack and having to get under our desks and such. We lived with the threat of nuclear war for a long time. Now everyone is back to fat-dumb-and-happy, feeling inconvenienced by all of the lines for personal searches -- for STUFF, instead of trying to identify terrorists like the Israelis do. The constant scare-mongering from Homeland Security over trivial stuff instead of trying to close our borders to ALL illegal immigration. Legions of bad guys could have already walked across the northern and southern borders. We could stop that and then start looking for the ones that already here.
Dang. I had better shut up do something else around here. My wife gets off work in a couple of hours and there must be something I need to do.:blushing:
I guess I ought to start a blog or something and just rant all day... but that's no fun. Today has been one of those days that I just can't seem to shut up.
Y'all take care and don't let me run you off. I enjoy reading the posts and learn a lot about guns and shooting. I certainly don't do enough of that these days. You've probably noticed that I like to yack as well. :blah: Later!
Wynn :D

I do not think you are alone in your thinking. However, it is always nice to occasionaly see Ben and his twins out getting some fresh air! :D

getsome
12-23-2009, 03:01 PM
This is an interesting subject...I work for one of the two big telcom companies...I cant say which one but it starts with an A and ends with a T so now you know...Anyway we like most all companies have gone totally to the internet to conduct business...All of our operating systems are internet based so if anything were to interrupt the core network the whole country would grind to a halt....Think about that for a minute...No ATM's No credit cards, No money available from banks due to their systems being down, it would be like 1950 again except all the old mechanical devices are long gone to the junk pile...Dont get me wrong, I like the internet and wonder how we got along without it BUT we have put ourselves in a very vulnerable position without any backup systems available....It is very wise to stockpile everyday things like food/water so if the poop hits the prop you could survive....Having enough ammo is one of those things high on the list!!!...I lived in Charlotte NC when hurricane Hugo came through and learned several lessons...The storm was only supposed to have 40 mph winds but by the time it blew in there were 90 mph winds which took down trees, power lines and most everything else...You could not buy a D or AA cell flashlight battery for a 100 miles around the area but there were plenty of C cell batteries available so now all my flashlights are C cell which put out the same light as a D cell....I also learned how important it is to have a battery powered radio or TV on hand...W had a small black and white 12 volt TV set we used while camping so I took the battery out of one of the cars and used it to power it....We were without power for 14 days and that little TV saved the day...One thing I remember was people standing in block long lines to get a gallon of gas from a National Guard fuel truck (no power = no gas pumps working) so you could use a chainsaw (if you had one) to cut all the trees off houses and cars....Anyway a little planning goes a long long way in a basic survival situation....Going home now...Merry Christmas to all!!!!:cool: