PDA

View Full Version : Cannot reassemble my cwp; help please!

RiskPro
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
hey guys....my slide is bumping into something when I try to slide it on. It looks as thought the feed ram edge is poking into the frame.

So, the slide goes all the way on without the barrel in but goes 1/4th the way on then something hits the feedramp and pushes the barrel forward?

Any clues or ideas?

Thanks

>>>>Edit...it is a CW9 model....even tried without guide rod in

jocko
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
have u tried to use alittle force to see if it will slide past that area where u state it is hitting??? Have u gotten t You never stated what model kahr this is???If it is the polymer models. the recoil rod in the correct spot on the front of the barrel lug??? If it is one of the polymer models the slidemust start on the polymer rails first to get proper alighment to go on straight. I have my PM9 apart h here and I am at a loss to see how what your saying is actually happening.

RiskPro
12-19-2009, 06:24 PM
It is a CW9; let me post some pics

mr surveyor
12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I think I understand the situation....

I often have to take the upper off a couple of times in order to get the barrel, guide rod and spring assembly at just the right angle....

once you get those parts aligned "just right" in the slide, the whole thing will easily move into proper position on the frame, without unnecessary force. There's just not much room for misaligned parts.... good tightly made handguns are like that

surv

ripley16
12-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Sometimes my T9 slide bumps into the ejector, and I have to push it down in order for the slide to go all the way back.

PaiN
12-20-2009, 04:07 AM
hey guys....my slide is bumping into something when I try to slide it on. It looks as thought the feed ram edge is poking into the frame.

So, the slide goes all the way on without the barrel in but goes 1/4th the way on then something hits the feedramp and pushes the barrel forward?

Any clues or ideas?
I may be wrong as I'm new to Kahr's also but won't this happen if the cocking block is "cocked"? Squeeze the trigger to uncock it then try putting the slide on.

jocko
12-20-2009, 09:42 AM
It is a CW9; let me post some pics

the slide go on far enough to install the slide lock pin, if the two witness marks on the side of the slide line, up insert the slide lock pin and then try it. If you can get the pin OK, the slide will rack fully.

tnshooter
12-20-2009, 09:53 AM
I have found that when disassembling AND assembling my CW9, if you depress the trigger slightly while moving the slide assembly, it will clear everything without catching...

RiskPro
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I really appreciate all the ideas but I had to send it back to the factory today.

After taking it to a gunsmith and back to the store, I called Kahr Service and they send to send it back.

Despite this, I was impressed how nice the service department was and they said they'd take care of it for me.

I'll report back when it gets here.

DETROIT
12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
pull the trigger while sliding it back on, the same as u do to remove the slide.

RiskPro
12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I've tried these and had the dealer and a gunsmith try but tell me to send it back.

So I sent it in and we'll see what Kahr says.

RiskPro
12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Got it back today...super fast

I received it with a note that said assembled and test fired. So I cracked it open and it looks as though the lower portion of the feedramp has been filed, the spring is different and the guide rod is different.

Now it slides on without a hitch.

You can't ask for better-faster turnaround than that.

I have 500 rounds waiting to go thru her tomorrow at the range........